May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Tried or Considered a Solar Generator?

47 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Thanks guys. I've successfully opened the case. It holds 3X Sunnyway 12V 22 Ah sealed lead-acid batteries. Replacement cost on these is $75 each and $32 shipping. Considering that I'm only dealing with 66Ah in the 3 batteries, I might be better off to replace it with one larger unit instead. Ideas?

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Thanks guys. I've successfully opened the case. It holds 3X Sunnyway 12V 22 Ah sealed lead-acid batteries. Replacement cost on these is $75 each and $32 shipping. Considering that I'm only dealing with 66Ah in the 3 batteries, I might be better off to replace it with one larger unit instead. Ideas?

Thats a lot of cost for little amp hrs. I dont know your area or battery costs or distributers there. I will just say here in Alberta. I would go to my usual place for batteries, and buy two T105s they will quote you some ridiculas price (list) of 250-275 each. You would need two as they are six volts each this would give you 225 amphrs total capacity but you would only ever want to use half that max so you really have 100 amp hrs to play with, 40% more than you have now! Now play poor man and say my pockets are not deep enough for that what can I do to cut that cost.If they like the cut of your jib (don't wear your maga cap! you may get a salesman who says ok, we have another product (it will be in a black case, maybe a different teminal style as well and likely have a generic name like "GC" stands for golf cart battery, but low and behold it some how has the same specs as the Trogen t105.(I have found no difference in performance) I dont know what they will sell this to you for just buying a couple but for me 150-155 But I buy in larger quantity. Do not be a dick when buying, and by that i mean state up front you will pay cash (dept is ok), do not use your visa and screw them on the merchant charge, you will never get the best deals again if you do. If you have some old batteries to bring in do that too as they love getting in cores and you can get lower prices.

Take buying advice from someone cheap, My 20 000 watt hour bank only cost me 2100.00 and I am 6 years into my expected ( as designed) 10 ( though due do my own goof ups may be as little as 8 but I hope for 9 )

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network