April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Okanagan Preppers?

29 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
11.1 K Views
(@scooter)

I live in the vernon area, I would like to meet other preppers in the area share ideas and ultimately be part of a group with a bug out plan and location. I am not looking be part of any group that is associated with religion of any kind. I have various skills including mechanical, construction, and most importantly a lot of common sense. I have been prepping to some degree for 2 years. Any communication with like minded people would be welcome.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

hi Scooter, you need to post a min of 3 posts on the board in order to be able to contact members by the private message system. I won't tell you to take down your email but I would recommend it.. just comment on two more threads or posts and you will have full access to the sytems

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@scooter)

Hi farmgal, thanx for the tip 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wkthiker)

I live in the Central Okanagan and am looking for like minded people to communicate with. I'm fairly new to prepping, although I've done a fair bit of reading. I enjoy hiking, camping/backpacking and canoeing.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Welcome and Hi Wkthinker, just to let you know, you need to have three posts on the board in order to have your or others use the Private Message system, this is in place to keep the board free of spam and bots.. but it means that if folks are interested in connecting with your privately on the board, they will not be able to do so until you post at least twice more..

Hope you will enjoy the board

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@wkthiker)

Thanks for the welcome message farmgal and look forward to chatting with people soon!

ReplyQuote
(@astrophyzmike)

Any Okanagan preppers, maybe retired military guy with motor-pool experience, with either M-35-A1/A2/or A3 knowledge, or M-932/934-A1/2 knowledge? I’m probably buying ether a M35-A3 Deuce & Half (with complete Arctic Kit), or an M934-A1 or A2 Radio-Van 5-ton 6x6 sometime between the end of March to May of 2019, and could use a little advice.

I’ve restored a number of WWII Army trucks back in the 1970’s, (Ford GPW, Willys M38, and a ‘43 White Halftrack) and drove class 3 gravel trucks back then. So it’s not much of a stretch for me. Except when it comes to throwing around mounted & filled 16.00R20 tires occasionally. Thinking of putting a mini hydraulic winch in place of the hand-crank spare tire crane.

It seems that CARIBOO 6x6 in Quesnel (Cariboo6x6.com), and seems to be the easiest way to get a decient army surplus truck in British Columbia, complete with BC vehicle inspection at delivery, with no hassles later, and they’ve got them in stock. (I’ve even considered an M1070 with a M934 radio-van box added in place of the twin 55,000 lbs winches, winch station & controls, and 5th Wheel hitch.) Choices, choices!?! What’s a guy to do? What say y’all?

(Hope I posted this in the right place?!)

ReplyQuote
(@b-c-hawk)

Been awhile since my last check-in. In the Kelowna area for the last 40 odd years.

ReplyQuote
(@jefft78)
Trusted Member

Wow this board is pretty dead there guys. Not like in the old days. I used to enjoy the meetups when I hosted them back in the lower mainland. However I live in the Okanagan now. Let me know if anyone ever wants to set up a meeting or get together to share ideas. im in Penticton

ReplyQuote
(@lex1984)

Hey, I'm also in Penticton. New to this but have some good skills and resources. Looking to meet some like minded people.

ReplyQuote
(@awolbc)

penticton area here looking for a group who meet and practice regularly

ReplyQuote
(@jefft78)
Trusted Member

Just a shout out to see if any locals are still on this board?

ReplyQuote
(@awolbc)

hmm seems not ,,, is this the jeff i think it is

ReplyQuote
(@helimd)

Hi new here also in the Penction / Oliver are and would love to get to know some like minded people in the area.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network