April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Obama unveils plan to cut gun violence

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Updated: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:14:30 GMT | By The Associated Press, cbc.caObama unveils plan to cut gun violence

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/obama-unveils-plan-to-cut-gun-violence-1

Howdy All,

Wow!!!!

So it begins. A US President taking on the gun owners!! This could turn into a dividing issue for those South of the border. Obama's handlers seem fit to get the most political mileage out of the tradgedy in Connecticut.

This will most likely get a lot of air time in the main stream media. I wonder how they will spin this????

Mountainman.

(@plainolme)
Estimable Member

I think that all this will do is make the lives of honest tax paying citizens harder,
Criminals are criminals for a reason they dont obey the law, and where are they going to get all this money to enforce these new laws anyways? Arent they massively in debt or am i misinformed?
It was a tragety that happened dont get me wrong, but i dont think making laws to ban certain weapons or certain clips is going to solve anything, something else will replace it.
Im sure theres lots of illegal weapons in both our countries and if they got in newly illegal weapons and clips will get in im sure.
IMO they're causing more grief then they're preventing.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I agree with you plainolme... the problem is they only have to have the perception of doing something...not actually do it. Bring the sheeple on board. In doing so they can then get support for increasing measures toward their agenda. They don't have to disarm the criminal element... there aren't enough of them to cause them a problem. Plus they add further credence to the agenda.

JAB

ReplyQuote
N8tureboy
(@n8tureboy)
Eminent Member

Recently I ready this news article. I see some parallels with what happened in Austria during WW2, I'm a little weary about taking the guns from Law abiding citizens. In Canada it was the Long Gun Registry, and now in the US, this, this is an extreme example, but it kind of makes you think, is it really safe for the government to have that amount of power in a democratic society.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/on_the_front_lines_of_the_culture_wars/2011/04/she-survived-hitler-and-wants-to-warn-america.html

Coming at ya from the Coldlands of Canada

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It is true that history tends repeat itself. Not surprising really as it is a creature of human behavior. I believe that it is an individual's responsibility to preserve the freedoms that we enjoy and to be aware of history and its consequences. Many might say that making comparisons of today's events with events that unfolded in Europe in the 1930's is too harsh. However, it did happen then and nothing has changed significantly enough to prevent it from happening again.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

History tends to repeat itself when those who experienced it first hand are no longer around to raise the alarm. From the 1930's to now is approximately a human lifetime. The masses have no first hand knowledge of oppression by any means. That makes it easier to lead the sheeple to whatever goal is envisioned. As the saying goes..."Knowledge is POWER" Learn and share facts...

JAB

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sorry folks this has also happened in Canada, a long time ago.
Vets returned with machine guns and all manor or ordinance. Then they had to register, then taken away, then more registrations, now limitations on what we can and can't buy. An example is the venerable old FnC1A1, illegal to have one in Canada, though I was issued one. No autos, semi autos on the way out, magazine limitations and Canadians just say, O yes thank you. You used to be able to hunt with handguns now these are demonized by the powers that be in Canada
We are way to quiet on these issues.

These issues here are truly saddening to people like me. Then a double whammy, we do hundreds if not thousands of hours training, safety meetings, all maner of living with the firearms, then we go and sit in some piddly little class lead by someone with next to no experience only that he paid a bit more and got some license to teach these classes.
arrrggggg..

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

A good article on SHTFPlan.com. It seems that in Seattle, the city decided to have a gun buy back. A $100.00 gift certificate for handguns, shotguns and rifles and a $200.00 gift certificate for assault style weapons. What the city didn't reckon on was the crowds of gun buyers who show'd up and started offering top dollar for guns. The authorities could only stand by and watch because the buyers and sellers weren't doing anything illegal. That seems like the perfect way for a plan to backfire.
In New York state, many gun owners say that they're going to refuse to register their guns. A lot of Sheriffs departments in the U.S. are flat out refusing to enforce the new gun laws and are threatening to arrest any feds who come in and attempt to do so. On his site survivalblog.com, J.W. Rawles is calling for a burn barrel event on the day after the new laws come into effect. His call has been picked up by other sites. It looks like the tension is really building up south of the border. This is getting interesting.

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Howdy All,

Seems threats of gun restrictions has even ruffled the feathers of JWR.

Here is link to his recent post on the subject.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/01/nunc-pro-tunc-the-coming-day-of-burn-barrels-and-blessings.html

I wish our American neighbours the best during these trying times. May logic trump emotion.

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@plainolme)
Estimable Member

Interesting approach to say the least!
I wonder if theyll be branded terrorists. I also wonder if it will even transpire. It is good to stand up for your rights, but sometimes there's bad ways to do it, if you know what i mean.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network