May 11, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2019-nCoV

137 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
12.7 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Love how well we are doing in canada with A simple task

So our leaders still haven’t figured out how to get a plane to China, hilarious
Our minister can’t even answer simple question on what they will do with people coming back by plane, perhaps canoe, rubber dingy from Walmart or perhaps water wings!
No mention of putting people into controlled quarantine in a nice location and monitoring for three or more weeks

Right now we have stories of two weeks, but that is not something that should be trusted. Read below
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/480891-the-coronavirus-can-spread-without-signs-of

Rumor or truth, pets can apparently carry it.

The US will be banning foreign national who are in China from entry. Will canada be doing the same or are we setting ourselves up for a total ban of all Canadians! Remember beef ban because we didn’t take proactive measures!

This may appear political but it isn’t, it’s just a simple example and reminder on how slow we are and lax in real world counter measures. Don’t expect help, so prep accordingly and to ones reasonable limits. The cavalry isn’t coming.
Thank you canada for not helping your citizens, awesome job

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

*Now known as CoVid-19. Masks are sold out everywhere. But worse is the decreasing amount of products and "active ingredients" from China. Most drugs are made from ingredients made in China - I sense a possible upcoming shortage in OTC drugs and even prescription medications. The time to stock up is now.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member

Has anyone else heard or read that the quarantine period should have been 24 days not the 14 that all of the governments have been imposing? If that is true there are going to be a lot of infected people wandering around thinking all is good.

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

ReplyQuote
(@nagol)
Trusted Member

The 24 day thing was retracted.
They think he was reinfected.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sad that we have to guess at things, but a Chinese doc indicated patient may redevelop symptoms after being treated and given all clear. Who the hell knows.

As to med shortage, one of my heart meds is apparently in short supply. Was only given one months supply. I have decent backup supply but who knows about the future.

ReplyQuote
(@nagol)
Trusted Member

The 24 day incubation period report may have been a case of reinfection.
It’s still unclear if it was a long incubation, reinfection or if the virus went dormant as one other researcher suggested. It’s believed that the use of HIV drugs has been effective as it causes otherwise dormant infected cells to express the virus so it can be detected and treated.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Infection and death rates are going up nicely! And that’s the official communist state number lol

Funny how they are still refusing to allow dad in,

As of last night, WHO is still reporting no infections in all of Africa and South America. Really! What a joke these agencies are, political to the bone and I would never trust them to tell the whole truth.

So we are still allowing people into our countries despite the obvious risk, one hell of a plan to help stop the spread! Yet we see boats being rejected by nations or kept contained at port, where due to numerous factors, it SPREADS!!!! Even more.

So if no risk in air travel then what’s the big deal for a ship? Take those showing signs off the boat and let all the others go free, RIGHT. Zero difference then what we do with tens of thousands landing each day by plane, all around the world. If a sick person is detected on a plane, we don’t quarantine the entire plane, we let them wander around and “self report “ ( dumb in my opinion) No logical or consistent disease control. Instead we worry about tourism dollars and impact to international airline traffic. But then we will spend a thousand times or more on trying to put a finger in a dike

A complete joke.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Clarence,

Why not call Health Canada and ask to talk to someone about your concerns? Perhaps a representative willknow something that would explain your criticisms and you can understand how they approach things like this. Or maybe they will even validate them?

Its a lot easier to talk to agency officials then you think. And often when you get the full story, it starts to make sense how and why these things are handled. There are experts with decades of experience and networks of even more experts who's job it is to protect the general public with the most recent evidence and technology available. I highly doubt this is a linear issue like "just close all the borders."

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Crown, I certainly agree with your comment on non linear. Lots of things to do. While closing of borders is unpleasant, costly, difficult in fact, it is when you think of it like a highway. First thing the police do when trying to catch people is close escape routes down.! One can cut through the bush as we see in Mexico..... but boy does it cut out much and certainly will slow things down.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Read and weep, laugh or cry.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/13/health/coronavirus-cdc-robert-redfield-gupta-intv/index.html

Now between WHO, health canada or cdc, I will hands down take CDC

We will all need to do as our hearts and more importantly, minds tell us.

If I look at what we know, don’t know due to deceit or incompetence,... I see a major issue. Just guessing, because I do not have access to more intel.

Fun times

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Here’s another chuckle on the chuckle heads we are trusting to tell us the truth, keep us informed and have our interests and not that of their paymasters as first priority. Listen to entire thing but for the joke about the WHO, go to 1:36 and have a good laugh! Or cry. Sounds like the EXPERTS, many tell us we should trust LOL haven’t even gone to epicenter 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 So what the heck is WHO doing there, listening to some captain from the propaganda department ( sorry, multimedia) in the ever so honest Chinese army feed them nice stats, wontons and egg noodles, perhaps a few girls pop up to hotel room to help lower the sheets??? Here, make yourself comfortable here in the hotel, no need to wander around, you stay right here. Good lord!

Give it a rest, if these alleged experts aren’t in the area, doing their own tests, watching the hospitals and trucks leaving the hospitals, then their opinion is worth a big fat bupkis!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/china-revokes-credentials-of-three-wall-street-journal-journalists.html

We have people being let go from contaminated ships, all manner of stories about how it’s spread.

One week, WHO says don’t panic, we have a meeting set for MAYBE ten days from now ( this in early January) and then I think it was five days later, telling us it’s a global disaster. Any half honest dimwit could tell early in January if not in DECEMBER that this was serious. Does the UN not have people in China That would at least hear of a spike in Wuhan? Someone must have, between breaks in some conference on global cooperation and happy talk must have heard something. If they do not, then just yank them back, cut the position and all the salaries and perks, because it’s obvious they are clueless and ineffective. That’s me being generous!

Nope, some say I do not like governments and that’s not true. I have worked with and for numerous government agencies or departments and some great folks and in some cases, the process they have in place are good.
Government is needed for all manner of essential services, BUT do I trust them to be honest, to represent the people over special interests, to not conceal ineptitude etc? Absolutely not.

So never will I trust what a government or its talking heads or NGO’s tell me as the truth. Some of what they say will be accurate but actually be told the full truth or have them do what is needed to protect people over other agendas, covering up dumb mistakes, dreaming that all will be well if it’s not discussed ? Nope.

So my source of intel will be any and all sources, I will take them all in, look for and test the contradictions, sort things left out, things suddenly dropped..... BTW, anyone hear how those folks at CFB Trenton are doing. Last thing I heard from CBC was from feb 10, some happy talk. Funny there’s no news on who is or isn’t infected, tests, treatments, rates of possible reinfection.... I am going to guess, just guessing, that their stay may be longer then 14 days.

The more people on this board poke about and post, the more information there is to try and get a read on what we can possibly do. Information is king in trying to make informed decisions. And yes we all know, not everything we read on the net is accurate! I think, smart people can with enough info and some grey matter, put enough of the pieces together.

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

heres a good chuckle.
remember how we are told the WHO is ever so much the expert source!

well as i pointed out in a link the other day, looks like the pros may not even have left the hotel or offices in Beijing.

but check this out below.

https://apnews.com/52916125b486708cad26557a02ca9b7f

buddy actually has the nats to say “The window of opportunity is still there. But our window of opportunity is narrowing,” said WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. “We need to act quickly before it closes completely.”

Wel lfrig me, thank you doctor obvious!! what a vacuous statement, then again these folks are diplomats

No "snit Sherlock" you will note the expert doesn't offer any solution. As usual, if we all wash our hands,... things will be fine. Hockey pucks, the ONLY thing you can do besides the flipping obvious WAS to suspend all international travel by plane, train and as we laughingly see, by boat. all borders needed to be sealed. OBVIOUSLY, people will go over a mountain, get into small boat and sneak ashore... but for gods sake, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the more international travel you PERMIT, the HIGHER the risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can still close the borders and try and get on top of things, but every single flight in brings the potential for more and more people to walk among us, the stupid thermometer that they seem to enjoy showing photos of, will only catch the odd person. Once Fred, Wong, Claude, svend, abdul... walk around, we are screwed.

if these putzes had done their job, way back in November or December and told the world to shut things down, we would likely not be in our current and worsening position.

second or first thing that needed to be done was to get this clown and his team INTO the very areas they SHOULD have known about! then insist that dear China report the REAL numbers and to let the world know. Allow CDC and any other nation in to help, test and try and figure things out. BUT Noooooo, we sit on our diplomatic thumbs up their wazoo and yap about washing hands,

there's all manner of screw ups going on with people not being in quarantine, not diagnosed but then oppsies, buddy is infected. its insane and this is the level of shear stupidity we have, in theory telling us what to do. they couldn't find their derriere if they were an octopus!.

besides the obvious dangers of this thing, we as people trying to do what we can, are being fed inconsistent messages, positions that do not add up change from one day to the next. I understand some nuances are not known in week one, two or three but three MONTHS in and they still don't even know rate of reinfection, need for longer then 14 day magical quarantine, air born or droplets, what meds work or don't work, do we have facilities and personnel from the military trained and ready to go? etc

apologize for rant but good lord these people are far from what we need. I know open articles from the WHO for a good laugh and not for any valuable input from the "experts" All they seem to do is confirm what was the obvious for many weeks now and to sit back and watch it spread. Useless twits

best thing i believe we can do on this board is to exchange news on products on the shelves, delays in delivery we may hear from friends or business colleagues. We obviously need to revisit our supplies, financial positions... I am still waiting for news on a heart medicine that is in short supply ( no idea if related to virus!!! ), maybe its just bad timing but regardless, it demonstrates general vulnerabilities.

so have fun trying to get ready for what may be a major or medium cluster F. try and stay healthy, get good sleep....

so heres some fun videos to remind us of our great experts

here we have what may look like a gathering of the WHO experts at some conference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FfrnOXGHg

of course here are our own experts walking to work; https://apnews.com/52916125b486708cad26557a02ca9b7f

between fits of crying, worrying if you and loved ones will be ok, one does need some humor

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

From what I have seen the lethality does not seem to be that great, those that do die of it seem to die quickly (relatively speaking). So far I am far more worried about that other killer, the silent one, the one that's put in most everything we eat, I am trying to avoid it at all costs....Fructose 😀
and the n95 masks wont stop Fructose poisoning.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The thing is, we do not know the real numbers
For North America we do see to have good survival rate and that’s great. Now, an asthmatic, person with heart condition.. may not fair as well.
Then there’s the cost to production...

So for now, the jury is still out for how many deaths there truly are and what impact to our nation be. Remember, we are not a compliant society like comms China! This could result in govt changes, etc

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 10
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network