May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion - Apple Peeler

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Now that we have a mini fruit orchard, we find ourselves with a lot more fruits to process and in a really short period of time. Apple crisps, apple sauces, apple pies and all are all very delicious but all that peeling takes a long time!!

Looking at getting an apple peeler for Mrs HP. I'm thinking investing in something durable that work well, instead of the Walmart special. Looking for your recommendations.

peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

You may want to check out Princess auto, got a call maybe 3, 4 weeks back from a friend in Edmonton. He was raving about a apple peeler. Telling me it was the best he ever used, and he uses them a lot in the fall, anyway he was calling me from princess auto telling me that they were on sale for 9 dollars (don't remember regular price) He rattled off all the features, and asked if I wanted one, and I said sure. So when I get into Edmonton next, one is waiting for me. I cant say from first hand use if they are good, but He likes good equipment and he has never recommended me crap, so I mention it for your consideration, I know he processes barrels and barrels of apples, If I remember right he may have bought up the last of them, as he was buying more for his brothers and sisters, so I don't know if they have stock left. I seem to remember him telling me that it de-cores them as well as peels them, slices them too..my memory is getting bad.I know it sounds sketchy at 9 dollars......
When I get it in my hands I will post a picture.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

We picked our apple peeler up at Stokes for about 14.00 a couple of years ago. It works very well. Put the apple on and crank. It peels, cuts and cores the apple. It is metal with suction cup to hold it on the counter.

ReplyQuote
(@dakota)
Estimable Member

Best one I've ever owned was from Lee Valley. I think they still sell them. Cores and peels.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network