May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Gay Preppers - Seriously

50 Posts
29 Users
0 Reactions
18.7 K Views
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Thanks, Singlecell. Its a proper response. I was dreading I was going to have to get into another Johnny Cash, Boy named Sue, fight. Im totally and completely exhausted from fighting for peoples right to exist. Ill even say, To Whom It may concern, May you bless us all. We don't do a fantastic job on our own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHPuY88Ry4

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@homestead205)

There are gay preppers everywhere. My partner and I have been prepping for years. I really never thought of any problems with us being gay until I read this. I am sure it will be harder on someone that is gay in some areas but we really never have given it much thought. We have been thinking of building more of a gay preppers network. We have even been thinking of moving. Being gay and prepping doesn't meet we are softer than others. We both can handle ourselves very well and are really great shots. But we also believe in shareing.

ReplyQuote
(@thebunkerhotel)

You are definitely not alone. I am building a giant 30,000 sq ft complex in northeast Iowa. I am also gay. I have plenty of skills that could and will see mme through most types of disaster. I'm also trying to build a network. Never considered making it a "gay prepper network", but if any LGBT folks are interested in the community lifestyle I'm proposing, then by all means, check my site http://thebunkerhotel.com and contact me.

ReplyQuote
(@gayprepper21)

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know people like you are out there--and not just intolerant dropout skinheads who have Fox News for their homepage

ReplyQuote
 Zana
(@zana)
Estimable Member

I hadn't thought about how some groups have extra hazards to consider when prepping. I know that being brought up in the city I was surprised that people here even made mention of who was gay or lesbian. The local schools principal was said to be lesbian, but I personally only cared about how she did her job. I think these folks are a bit backward in their attitudes from a lack of exposure (there are many groups not represented out here) but there doesn't seem to be a lot of hate-although some of them probably would like to pray them straight. I wasn't born in this rural community,so I'll never 'properly' belong, but they've all been good to me. I hope they would welcome anyone, but I could see that in some rural communities it might be a problem.

ReplyQuote
(@cavemanjoe)

We would have no problems if gay preppers would like to join us on our tropical Island retreat, they are usually very dependable people and many have good knowledge of agriculture and gardening, they are usually well educated and would make good teachers for our children in home schooling. I think its a disgrace to put them in onexceptable categories and it shows how the Western world has morally declined and is basickly not worth living in, same with the Black race racism, specially in USA?
Its the primary reason we have decided to move here and get away from these racist idiots??

ReplyQuote
(@lgbtactical)

Thank you all for being so supportive, I'm a gay prepper fresh out of the closet and it is hard being in the community when it is so overwhelmingly conservative in places. We aren't weak like most people think.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)

It is nice to see that I am not alone. Does anyone know of any groups for gay preppers?

ReplyQuote
(@grumpy-bear)
Trusted Member

My Youngest son is gay. He earned his Chief Scout Award and the Queens Venture Awards in Scouting.
I'd be happy to have him cover my back.

Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

My Youngest son is gay. He earned his Chief Scout Award and the Queens Venture Awards in Scouting.
I'd be happy to have him cover my back.

I am so very Proud of you all for stepping up, Hold your ground. Never let any mother fucker take your Rights away.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@the-canadian-giant)
Trusted Member

This thread has been running for two years now and still is one of my favourite to return for thought and reflection. Openly considering biases that might exist even amongst a group with similar value constructs is very informative. I've been delighted to read comments by members of the LGBT community and their willingness to share their experiences. And I've been pleasantly surprised by the overall positive and supportive tone of everyone that has responded. Keep it up folks.

Wilderness Survival and Bushcraft courses in Alberta
www.MammutBushcraft.com

ReplyQuote
AttyShionure
(@attyshionure)

Well um, thanks to this post, I have found this forum. Hope I end up staying.

ReplyQuote
(@dragonwriter)
Trusted Member

I wonder if American LGBT preppers will feel the need to be more cautious now that the current administration has begun to claw back rights. If I were living in the States, I know I would. All of the freedoms and increased acceptance of the past eight years seem to be in the process of being wiped out.
Any LGBT preppers out there watching this thread, and I know there have to be some, keep your heads down, play your cards close to your chest and remember, Canada will welcome you with open arms.

“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
Stephen King

ReplyQuote
Rene EcoGay
(@rene-ecogay)

We started of as preppers, and on learning more we decided that we would rather just turn around our whole life to not only be more prepared but also to be more eco minded and sustainable. It kinda switched from concern for our own wellbeing to concern for the wellbeing of our planet. We're now over three years into creating a Permaculture farm from scratch. We would love to be in touch with other gay men with similar concerns and ideas, maybe we can even build a community. So we made a site about it, hoping to gain some (gay) friends around our project. You can check it out at https://EcoGay.WordPress.com
Anyone who's running a similar project with a website, please contact me if you would like to exchange links.
BTW, I'm a dutch guy with a Colombian partner and our farm is located in central Colombia.

ReplyQuote
(@henry)
Estimable Member

As a prepper in case catastrophic disaster ,when it comes to survival I do not care of your gender ,its you are with me or against me and I shut.
It is s u r v i v a l nothing else.
Henry

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network