May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Planning

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I just started a "skills" book to log what I know and what I need to learn. For each thing I have listed, I have also noted below it how to learn the skill. In some cases where I think the best way would be a class, I have put what schools offer the class and the details for each class. Such as cost, location, length of time for the class( could be a few months), are tools required, etc. I have put the book my purse to add as things pop into my head.

In another section I have foods and supplies listing for both what I have and what I need. For the food products I am keeping a running total of quanity.

How do you plan for the future?

(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

I am a note taker and scribbler 🙂 I use OneNote on my computer to keep track of all my files - best program EVER.

I divided everything into notebooks and I keep adding information - I realise this is not a good SHTF solution so the most important pages get printed and stored in a binder. If I printed everything I would be drowning in paper!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I use Excel use each tab for a different topic,
problems are the Margins and page length.

Where did you find OneNote, Anita?

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

Where did you find OneNote, Anita?

It's a Microsoft Program and I tell everyone I can about it - best program ever because it works the way I think!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/onenote/

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Tools that dont need power, old books that show me how and an imagination to keep me alive.

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@the-phone-guy)
Trusted Member

I have a couple USB memory sticks with valuable and pertinent information on them, but for the most part I slap water resistant labels onto products with all the information how to use them. Bleach purification is a good example, I will never in a million years remember how much bleach to add to a bucket of water, a barrel of water, or a 2500 gallon tank in the ground. If i have the product, i have the directions. If I don't have the product, I most likely don't need the instructions.

I use the same type of information label on pails of flour, salt, ect.

ps. when using bleach to purify water, it should be just enough added that when mixed, you can smell chlorine. The smell will gas off in a few days.

ReplyQuote
(@mamaizzy)
Honorable Member

I have started to write it all out in notebooks. I carry a 5x7 notebook in my purse for writing lists, notes and clipping from papers. I have another one for recipes (food, soaps, candle, essential oil blends, cleaning etc) and once and a while I sit down and write them into the right book on the shelf. I used to have ALL of my info on my laptop but, it crashed and took the info with it 🙁 and I am waiting for a really good sale before I buy another computer (using my kid's right now).

I have an incredibly LONG list of things I want to try/learn as time goes on. That list just keeps on growing and growing lol

ReplyQuote
(@prepnow)
Trusted Member

Note books at home and I try and keep one in the vehicle and if I have an idea when out I put it in my phones notes and transfer it to paper when I get home. I have a survival book collection and have printed off a few important ebooks and put them in plastic sheet holders in a binder. Anytime I come across a good article, plan or other valuable detailed info online i print it and throw it in the binder. I am in the process of making a duplicate binder to leave at my retreat and have bought double copies of my top books so I can have them at home and up north just in case.

Survival books and information could be a good barter item in a long term SHTF situation.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network