May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hello from BC... again.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@sarah77)
Topic starter  

Hi ya!

I'm a single mom on the Sunshine Coast... I don't know any other preppers... but most of my friends know something is up whether it's economic, natural, or man made. Japan has really driven the point home with my family and friends who thought I was a looney tune a month ago. I'm trying to prep... on a VERY strict budget. :/ Skills & experience seem to be the best bet for me right now. I'm also a member of Collapsenet... it's pretty extreme... but it's also loaded with really good information, even if you aren't a member. Through some local research... I've really taken notice that our area is far ahead of the pack as far as local sustainable living is concerned. The only way on or off of the coast is by ferry which could be cut off in the event of __________. There are logging roads, people 'say' there is a way out, but I've yet to see it or see even a map of it.

I'd love to connect with other BC'ers... gimme a shout. I too am looking for suppliers in Vancouver... I think that would be a great business for someone to be in at this time. I wish I had the capital to do it myself.

Talk to you soon!
Sarah

--------------------------------------
"I must be a mushroom because I'm always kept in the dark and fed BS."

(@foxglove)
Estimable Member

Hi Sarah77

I'm in the Lower Mainland and I haven't found much in the way of local suppliers. The hunting/fishing/camping stores have a bit of stuff, Cdn Tire, Walmart or there is wellscan.ca (canning supplies) in Burnaby. What are you looking for specifically? There are a few companies in BC that sells dehydrated food in #10 cans but they are outside of the Lower Mainland.

Foxglove

ReplyQuote
 Sue
(@sue)
Trusted Member

Hello, Sarah!
I'm not from BC, but welcome to the forum πŸ™‚

Hope for tomorrow; Learn from yesterday; Live for today.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network