May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Kitchener, Ontario - New here

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Geoste
(@geoste)
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone!

I'm from Kitchener, ON and new here.

My preps so far are a 75L backpack with hiking/camping supplies, complete with tent, tarp, multiple ways to start campfires, etc. I plan to use it for hiking and possible overnight stays while hiking, but the main objective is a bug out bag. Anyway, doing the overnight stay while hiking is a way to test my stuff.

My other project is to plan a Bug-In situation... I live in an apartment so that is quite the challenge. Haven't gotten too far with that other than one of those under-the-bed plastic bins, but I plan to buy MREs or dried foods in there, along with water filtration. Plus one of those bathtub plastic storage bags where one can turn on the water and store huge amounts of water. I also figure that any of the BOB items can be used for the bug-in situation as well, bu the BOB is when I need to leave the apartment - possibly for good.

(@drwkids)
Trusted Member

Hey Geoste. Welcome. Your like me prepping in an apartment. There is a whole thread on it, lots of people have commented and given some great ideas for apartment prepping. Its definitely a different beast.

ReplyQuote
Geoste
(@geoste)
Topic starter  

I've been checking that thread out before I introduced myself. It was one on the primary reasons why I registered as a new user here as opposed to merely lurking.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Welcome Geoste

ReplyQuote
Geoste
(@geoste)
Topic starter  

Welcome Geoste

Thanks, scrounger!

ReplyQuote
Share: