May 11, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Mb preppers meeting

62 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
18 K Views
(@racs333)

i just double checked my schedule, it looks like i will be able to do friday night /saturday

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

Friday night May 13th will work for me also.

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
westshield
(@westshield)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ohh, I just realized, it will be a Friday the 13th camp out. Hopefully Jason (I can't remember his last name), doesn't come and kill us all

There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

I think it would be the other way around. Jason would be to scary to come into a prepper/bushcraft camp! With a bunch of guys with knives, axes, saws, machetes and who knows what else. Jason would be worried, we would be chasing him through the woods. 🙂

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
westshield
(@westshield)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Haha, very true.
So hp about the location? Would the Cooks Creek club suffice? Or do you guys have another spot in mind?

There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

Hey! WestShield,

The Cooks Creek spot should be fine as long as the are some flat areas for us to lay our heads and enough firewood for cooking and heating it should work. It's also closer and you have water. We could go up to the Mars Sand Hills. Lots of spots we could set up in. Though it's a little further away and harder to find water. There is lots of ground water in the area though.

If we go out Friday May 13th. Cooks Creek might be the best spot.

Keep You Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
westshield
(@westshield)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Alright, I'll let the club president aka my neighbour know. There's flat ground, wood we could cut, and yup water.
I assume this is a bushcraft camp out right? Just lean too tarp shelters?

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

Evening! WestShield,

I don't now if you would call it a bushcraft outing. But it should only be what you can carry on your back. If someone has a light weight tent and wants to use that instead of a tarp. It should be the individuals choice. But this is not car campin. If you can't carry it on you back to the site in one trip. This includes everything (food, water, shelter, sleepin bag and something to sip on to keep you warm :} ) then it doesn't belong. Just my thoughts.

Do we want to have a group cookout that night or each person makes there own meal?

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
(@racs333)

definitly only what you can carry, i wont bring my van 😛 since its pretty much a rolling metal house. but yah, been working on cleaning up my backpacks issues, and really expanded on my cook kit in the last few days. so definitly going to be trying that out, dying to test out my zebra pot, ill need a coal fire spot for baking. i have a few recipes i want to try out in the field. a bit of a list.

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

Hey! Racs,

I think I'll bring a couple of bison steaks to throw on the coals. For an overnite, I don't have to worry about them spoiling.

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

Hi! Everyone,

So are we on for Friday May 13th? Just trying to set my schedule up. Fishing season opens on May 14th. The wife has me gettin the boat set already. 🙂

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
(@daxdog)

Yep I am in.
Paul

ReplyQuote
westshield
(@westshield)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Awesome everyone. I'm looking forward to it. So I'm gonna be there around 6 - 7pm, work willing. I don't live far, so if we end up needing anything (for an emergency), we're ok.

Here's a map. If you see, there's a crop of bush to the east near the creek. We will be in on the south side of the bush.
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Cooks+Creek+Community+Centre,+Zora+Rd+68N,+Oakbank,+MB+R0E+1J0/@49.9703832,-96.8240232,14z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x52ea88600a74764f:0xe846ca8ad9fd44ee?hl=en

ReplyQuote
(@chekmate)
Eminent Member

I should be there between 6:30 and 7:00. I had a overnight campout with my 7 year old daughter last night. Second time for her to sleep under a tarp. Great night! 🙂 See you all Friday.

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

ReplyQuote
(@adnihilo)

Hey folks, just signed up with this forum, been looking for a group of people in my area for a while so was happy to come across this forum. Good to see you all here and maybe have a chance to meet up now and again. I will keep track of any events or meetings that may be posted up.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network