May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hello everyone // New member

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@bmmandm)
Topic starter  

My name is Maria and i live in southwestern Ontario (GTA). I have two teenage kids.
I am very interested in prepping and i do feel like something is on the horizon, and want to be prepared. My kids are in but my husband not at all. He thinks i am over-reacting. I truly do not think that i am, which is why i have joined this community. I am extremely interested in learning how to preserve food in bottles and want to take a course but can't seem to find anything local.

My kids and i have started storing items in our basement storage area, long shelf-life items.

I hope to make new like-minded friends!

Stay safe.

(@perfesser)
Prominent Member

Welcome
Don't panic or go off the deep end with it, stay sane with your preps and he'll see that you were right all along.

It's taken 5 years for my wife to begin to believe that this whole prepping thing makes sense but I'm not collecting MOPP suits, gas masks, building Farday cages or a fallout shelter either. Just sane stuff, stocking up on food when it's in season, growing our own, having a plan for when our promised services fail to deliver.

ReplyQuote
(@bigdig)

Hello and welcome from N.B. something that helped my wife get onboard was a simple solar panel with suction cups that runs 2 really nice lights. I put it up in the kitchen and we use it every night now. It was around 40 bucks but when power went down one night she liked my lights a whole lot more. Anyway welcome and the world needs more people that plan ahead and are just plain RESPONSIBLE FOR THEMSELVES.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the forum Bmmandm.

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

Hello & welcome! It is good your kids are onboard the three of you will form another bond while you do this together and it is normal for mothers to prepare to care for their family, our grandparents canned their garden produce to use during the winter every year and no one thouught it was unnecessary...hope you find all the help you need within these pages!

ReplyQuote
(@shianne)

Hello MARIA,Welcome aboard,yes you are right,there is something going to happen in the near future,like next winter! I predict that we will get a ice storm that would last for days and heavy snow fall will follow right after that,I have been right for the weather for the last 2 years now,We turned our 60ft steel building into a shelter,it has two bedrooms,a bathroom with a shower,a kitchen,a hugh pantry room and a frezzer room with 3 freezers full of food and a canning room full of canning jars and a generator room with 4 elctric generators that I build myself and an 8ft bar,plus a sercuity room with 8 cameras outside the building and a hot tub,plus 3 furnace,one oil, one propane, and a wood furnance,My wife and I started this about 4 years ago and were still stocking up,so just follow what you belive in,if ever what happens,I am preparded for it,by the way we are located near london ont.

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

Welcome bmmandm! Read read read and ask questions - we'd love to help!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
Share: