May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New Member Introductions

758 Posts
454 Users
0 Likes
113.6 K Views
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

A warm welcome to all those of you who have joined recently. Hope that you will find CPN a great resource for prepping and an opportunity to network with like-minded people. Looking forward to reading your posts and interact with you I a regular basis!

Again, welcome and best wishes!

ReplyQuote
(@farmgirl369)

Hello, everyone! I'm back home in KW area after 10 years on a hobby farm in E. Ontario. Feels like starting over!! Plans for 2015 include layers, meat birds, pick rocks out of the new garden patch and wait for goat kids. Wow! Now that I've just typed that, it seems a bit ambitious!

ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Reputable Member

Hello, everyone! I'm back home in KW area after 10 years on a hobby farm in E. Ontario. Feels like starting over!! Plans for 2015 include layers, meat birds, pick rocks out of the new garden patch and wait for goat kids. Wow! Now that I've just typed that, it seems a bit ambitious!

Welcome to the forum, FarmGirl!
So, are you starting a farm in KW area? I have friends there into the same scene.
...villager

ReplyQuote
(@farmgirl369)

Yes, farming, but on a smaller scale than we had before. It would be excellent to connect with others in the same boat.

ReplyQuote
(@kravmaga79)

Hey people, new member here from saskatoon 😀

ReplyQuote
(@sarcopenia)

Greetings All,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm an Edmontonian family man. I've been researching this all for some time. Just getting my feet wet still, but I've learned a lot, and been inspired by many of the posts on this board. I hope to contribute in some meaningful way in the near future, and possibly make some contacts / tentatively affiliate with like-minded individuals "just in case."

Take care...

🙂

ReplyQuote
(@possiblensprepper)

Hi I'm new looking to see if there are serious preppers here in NS

ReplyQuote
(@possiblensprepper)

Don't seem to be much recent activity

ReplyQuote
(@justfine)
Eminent Member

hi welcome,I'm a new this group also
I think most of them are still hybernating,but have found this board great for infomation and learning skills

underwater is safer than land

ReplyQuote
(@kenders)

Hello, I live in Vancouver and I'm very interested in being part of a prepper group, the bigger the better, strength in numbers right? Everyone is responsible for the future of the planet even during a disaster and people need to learn to band together. This particular skill is lacking. I truly believe in this. As far as skills go, I'm learning, and have done a lot of study but I think I should get off my butt and be more hands on. It's a bit daunting but I am willing to put in the time and money. I want to get some survival training this year. Anyone know of any good courses? I've looked online but don't know which one to go for. Thanks everybody!

ReplyQuote
(@chuck)

Hi, I just joined, glad to part of the group.

ReplyQuote
 Toni
(@toni)

Hello,
I am very new to prepping, though I have been gathering related skills and knowledge for many years now. I’m in the SCA, I take a homesteader approach to many things and I was a scout leader, so I like being prepared. I have believed for many years that humans were ruining the world but haven't felt things were getting critical or that I needed to do anything but survive in the current world. I try to be very logical about things and not overreact. However, I'm seeing and hearing information from sources I trust that make me believe I should prepare for harder times. I'm not sure why this pushed me over the edge but an article about the ice caps melting within a generation hit home pretty hard. It isn’t the first article I’ve seen by far but it depicted a stark future. I won’t be around when that comes to fruition but my kid will. So I’ve decided to prep for whatever possibility comes down the pike.

Realistically, even if I do all the things within my power to prepare, I am unlikely to make it on my own. I’d like to start building community around this and maybe do some canning and similar activities as a group with a view to helping each other in a possibly disastrous future.
I look forward to chatting here and possibly meeting some of you.

Toni

ReplyQuote
 Toni
(@toni)

Hello,
I am very new to prepping, though I have been gathering related skills and knowledge for many years now. I’m in the SCA, I take a homesteader approach to many things and I was a scout leader, so I like being prepared. I have believed for many years that humans were ruining the world but haven't felt things were getting critical or that I needed to do anything but survive in the current world. I try to be very logical about things and not overreact. However, I'm seeing and hearing information from sources I trust that make me believe I should prepare for harder times. I'm not sure why this pushed me over the edge but an article about the ice caps melting within a generation hit home pretty hard. It isn’t the first article I’ve seen by far but it depicted a stark future. I won’t be around when that comes to fruition but my kid will. So I’ve decided to prep for whatever possibility comes down the pike.

Realistically, even if I do all the things within my power to prepare, I am unlikely to make it on my own. I’d like to start building community around this and maybe do some canning and similar activities as a group with a view to helping each other in a possibly disastrous future.
I look forward to chatting here and possibly meeting some of you.

ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Reputable Member

Welcome Toni !
Wondering what's SCA?
Depending on the area you're in, i'm sure you'll find some helpful community connection, besides all the useful info on this virtual community......
villager

ReplyQuote
(@wabsey11)
Eminent Member

Please introduce yourself to our other members here.

Good day to you all,
I'm new as you all know on here but I'm looking forward to finding others around my area, Halifax, that think along the same lines as me. I just got married last year and I have a brand new baby and I feel this urge to keep them sage at all times, not that that is possible but I do my best. My survival skills are weak but improving, and not one of my friends are interested in survival training (not that I know anything about it yet. not since cadets that is.) Truthfully when I say survival training I have one idea in my head, then there is something who knows about it and they might skew somewhat, or a little more. I look forward to some conversations with some of you or all, we'll see. Thanks care eh.

Josh.

Don't Agonize, Organize.

ReplyQuote
Page 31 / 51
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network