April 29, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

My Battle Rifle project

17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Iam building my main battle rifle It Is a remington 783 bolt action in 308 cal or 762.51 Nato round, my build comes in at 1000 dollars when It Is finnish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvEv7roXtwQ let me know what you think thanks Larry

peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I would say that's one nice looking rifle. If you put that together for a grand you did very well. What battle do you plan to attend?

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Iam building my main battle rifle It Is a remington 783 bolt action in 308 cal or 762.51 Nato round, my build comes in at 1000 dollars when It Is finnish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvEv7roXtwQ let me know what you think thanks Larry

You do know that .308 and 7.62x51 aren't the same thing right? Same with .223 and 5.56.

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

You do know that .308 and 7.62x51 aren't the same thing right? Same with .223 and 5.56.

yes I do know I have fired nato rounds threw my rifle,the cartridge on the military round Is thicker but works,It Is when you get into reloading the mixtures is where It Is dangerous,thanks for the heads up 😯

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Here Is the difference I should have added them In but better late than never https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8i430fxOA
that is the 223 vs 5.56 nato
here Is the 308 vs 762.51 difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLAVgAS279g πŸ˜‰ thanks Larry

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Right on, some people think they are the exact same things. Most of the time, there would be no issues, but putting mil loads in civilian firearms may cause serious issues, if not at least premature wear.

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Just shop talk,means nothing, If I have a main axe I call It my battle axe ,thanks for replying πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
RachelM
(@rachelm)
Reputable Member

I think you're the only other 783 owner I've ever met! I've got one in 30-06, and its one of my favourite firearms (Along with my M400!) Mine isn't tricked out though, I've kept her as my longer range rifle with the hopes of going hunting with it in the future (Bear, probably), as I can't rifle hunt locally but I do enjoy it at the range.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Congratulations. I love the .308; a really nice round.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@jimbo-jones)
Estimable Member

Nice rifle but a bolt action is kind of slow for a M.B.R. for s solo person, as long as theres another person or 2 your in a lot better shape. For solo use semis are better, please dont misunderstand me IN a SHTF WROL any is better then none. As a survival rifle its great you will be able to feed your self no worries as long as the game is there. I have tried the very rifle and frame VERY NICE shooting but ...

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Nice rifle but a bolt action is kind of slow for a M.B.R. ...

If you're in a combat situation (head-to-head) I would agree. The ideal weapon to choose is dependent on application. More precisely the range and terrain being negotiated. For civilian use, shortest to longest I'd recommend: handgun, shotgun, AR15 (or similar) and a scoped Remington 700 Sniper Rifle (or similar).

Rate of fire and ammo capacity are a consideration, but not the only criteria. There are always exceptions i.e. for home defence (inside) I prefer the Glock over the shotgun because my wife would be pissed if I fired the shotgun in the house... πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@jimbo-jones)
Estimable Member

good counterpoint and yes I agree with you. After being in the military I have been shown the light as to autoloaders (semi autos not automatics which are prohib). I still like a bolt action for accuracy , but the semi is a natural progression from it. That being said both would be found in a proper preppers store house 😎

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Yes, it can be a mixed bag. For me I like the:
Handgun - Glock 17 (S.A.) 9mm
Shotgun - Mossberg 500 Mariner (Pump) 12 ga mag
Short-Range Assault - MP5 (A) 9mm (the MAC-10 in 9mm is acceptable but not in .45)
Medium Range Assault - M16/AR15 (A/S.A.) 5.56mm NATO (.223)
Sniper (up to 800 M) - Remington 700 (heavy mod Bolt) 7.62 mm NATO (.308)
Sniper (800 tp 2000 M) - Barrett M107A1/M82A1 (S.A.) .50

Optics:
Aimpoint Micro T2 GDI Combo 2 Red Dot (Tactical)
Nightforce BEAST 5-25x56 (Sniper)
ARMASIGHT Pro 336 8-32x100 (60 Hz) Thermal (Haze/Obstructions)
ARMASIGHT Vulcan 8X (Night)

Everyone has their own preferences... πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Yes, it can be a mixed bag. For me I like the:
Handgun - Glock 17 (S.A.) 9mm
Shotgun - Mossberg 500 Mariner (Pump) 12 ga mag
Short-Range Assault - MP5 (A) 9mm (the MAC-10 in 9mm is acceptable but not in .45)
Medium Range Assault - M16/AR15 (A/S.A.) 5.56mm NATO (.223)
Sniper (up to 800 M) - Remington 700 (heavy mod Bolt) 7.62 mm NATO (.308)
Sniper (800 tp 2000 M) - Barrett M107A1/M82A1 (S.A.) .50

Optics:
Aimpoint Micro T2 GDI Combo 2 Red Dot (Tactical)
Nightforce BEAST 5-25x56 (Sniper)
ARMASIGHT Pro 336 8-32x100 (60 Hz) Thermal (Haze/Obstructions)
ARMASIGHT Vulcan 8X (Night)

Everyone has their own preferences... πŸ™‚

Knowing your pedigree Wayne, I feel honoured that my tools are making your honour list! Except an MP5... For obvious reasons.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Sorry, sometimes I forget. I get caught-up in the tools of the job and forget the audience 😳

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network