May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Quebec Preppers Meet & Greet

26 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
12.3 K Views
(@alpha1)
Eminent Member

Well yesterday was the meet & greet at the Tim Horton in Lachine, Few people attended but we have met some down to hearth nice people.
Denod, Adagio, Farmgal. it was nice to put a face on the conversations, topics we have and share on the forum .. keep us informed about the camp-out . we are looking forward to the event Mike and Nathalie.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Yes it was very nice to meet you folks as well. I really hope you can come to the august 13th meet. I think you and your wife would really enjoy it.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It was great to see old faces and new ones!
I will look into some of the suggestions for future meets.
Alpha1, you really should try to make it to the Larose Forest meet!
I do have access to a hall near Thetford Mines...but I don't know how many of you would travel that far.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

it was nice meeting you as well..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@alpha1)
Eminent Member

I do have access to a hall near Thetford Mines...but I don't know how many of you would travel that far.

it was very nice meeting you all, as for the Larose Forest meet let me know wen , and if we can we will be there , it all depends on mi work schedule and date.
Thetford Mines is not all that far its just over Tree rivers right.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

it was very nice meeting you all, as for the Larose Forest meet let me know wen , and if we can we will be there , it all depends on mi work schedule and date.

The hall is actually located in a small village called Kinnear's Mills, it would be about a 2 hour drive for you.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

I've tried to attach the link to the Eastern Ontario August 13th meet. I hope this works.

http://internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6103&hilit=eastern+ontario

ReplyQuote
(@alpha1)
Eminent Member

it was nice meeting you as well..

to bad we did not have a chance to chat that much, but still very nice, Nat was very happy to meet you as well, I am happy to see the language barrier as'n been a problem for you and her but still this is what its all about,, communications LOL , its nice to take time and exchange ideas,topics, and views on the subject of prepping and to the extent self relying survival if it comes to that , like i think Nat told Adagio we went to the meet out of curiosity, for the most part, but like i have mentioned also to put a face on the conversations to the forum and see that we are not alone in this ''right'' way of being prepared , we did like it very much, aside some , and I especially dont want to be rude , not at all as we all have our views and opinion witch I truly respect about prepping, so i say to the gentlemen, weapons are a tool of last resort, and only last result unless you are in the woods and have to hunt to survive, use it as a signal (tree shots every hour of so as a location beacon for emergencies or protect your family and love ones if you really dont have the choice, its not about raiding others and acquiring things you need to survive by force, ( This is not Prepping ).
You on the other hand have the most upward image of prepping and self sufficient of course we will never be prepared for everything that can come our way but. preppers like you have the most chance to make it thru hard times . As I call it, living in the out-backs (farm) growing your own food , live stock, water and more.
but we city folks can make it as well maybe not as long but still if we do it the right way with common sence . keep it touch thanks Mike & Nat.
and again very nice Meeting you.

ReplyQuote
(@alpha1)
Eminent Member

The hall is actually located in a small village called Kinnear's Mills, it would be about a 2 hour drive for you.

very good, if you have the date and postal code we will look it up on google map I hope very much that we can make it thanks

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

One of the interesting things about meet and greets is that they do bring different people and ideas to the table, that are not always evident from posts on the forum. Everyone has their own approach to prepping and they do not all fit into just one box. I have met a fair amount of people over the years and some I have remained close friends with and others not so much. That’s one of the reasons why these meets are important. You get to decide for yourself if the people you meet share your views and if they are the type of individual you want to get to know better.

ReplyQuote
(@alpha1)
Eminent Member

One of the interesting things about meet and greets is that they do bring different people and ideas to the table, that are not always evident from posts on the forum. Everyone has their own approach to prepping and they do not all fit into just one box. I have met a fair amount of people over the years and some I have remained close friends with and others not so much. That’s one of the reasons why these meets are important. You get to decide for yourself if the people you meet share your views and if they are the type of individual you want to get to know better.

absolutely right, I have also met mi share of preppers , and yes you do meet all kinds we all have our views on the topic.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network