May 21, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Against a mob

22 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Stupid question here - I got in the middle of a fight tonight. 10 people (may have been more both males and females) against 1 guy. Although those on the side with the greater numbers did not try to hurt me, I took a bit of a...well beating is too strong a word....got hit a lot lol. Is there a method for a single person to stop that many people against 1?

There was a single neighbour that came to help out when he heard my voice and could not see me. I was right in the middle on the ground getting kicked, hit, pulled. I am sure you know what happens with a small mob.

I think there were 8 police cars that showed up after the worst of it was over. I am the only one that came out bloody.

The small mob is only family and there friends. Earlier this year I stopped the son from killing the mother's boyfriend by getting in between them. At that time there were weapons involved. I knew I was in no danger as I was not a threat. This time was different as the main people in the mob were females that had gone berzerk.

My question is - what do I do next time? I do not want the ones that were in the small mob to do anything that they will regret later, nor do I want someone to get beaten to death.

(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

Target the knees with a short kick. Works both standing and from the ground. It will take them out of the fight quickly evening up the numbers. A rapid offensive attack using this tactic will take back the initiative.

GM1

Chance favours the prepared mind

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Target the knees with a short kick. Works both standing and from the ground. It will take them out of the fight quickly evening up the numbers. A rapid offensive attack using this tactic will take back the initiative.

GM1

Thank you

I think if I didn't know the people involved I may have fought but all I was trying to do was to stop it not even out the odds

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I guess the real question is how do you stop a mob? At least 6 of them were only around 15 years old and beyond reason.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

I'll send a PM. I don't like giving combat advice where any moron with tough guy fantacies can read it.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

The garden hose always works at cooling things. If this is a regular thing, install sprinklers.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well, as your intent is to break it up, advisaries are not a direct threat to you, though multiple as in a dozen or more.......Pepper spray...wade right into the melee, let loose 360 degrees rotational fire. you will likey get it on yourself...live with it and keep spraying...it will take the fight out of 98% of people right away, and clear the area.....get yourself home grab a 4 liter jug of milk as you go through the kitchen (swearing all the way), head straight to the tub, step in clothes and all, and turn on the shower, strip and dab the milk onto your eyes and any part burning, there will be parts burning you didn't know could burn. You will have a hour of saying when will this end, by about 2 hours you will be more or less ok though you will be thinking never again...
Yes I am giving you advice from experience.... In fact I very much recommend trying it on yourself first...learn from it, the first time is the worst because you don't know how bad it will get or how long it will last, once you have some experience well its bad but something you can deal with, I may even have a bit of a tolerance for it now 😯
Expect to be charged with assault, but you wont be convicted, it will be thrown out if you were stopping a assault.

One tip...close the eyes, pop them open just to get a since of your position now and then, but if you keep most of it out of your own eyes its really not that bad...Realitively speaking

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I forgot, alcohol, I recommend ballies, irish cream is another that's good after pepper spray 😀 internally applied as needd

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Get some smoke grenades and the next time this happens, pull the pin and toss it into the melee. Don't stand in the middle, force shit to get weird for them and wait for the police services.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I like the smoke bomb idea...easy to get at some surplus stores or online at fireworks vendors.

ReplyQuote
(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

At the Expo there was Spartan Krav Maga doing demoes. I went to one and they had some great ideas. Might be worthwhile looking into taking some classes with them.

Hope you are ok 🙁 Lovely neighbors..

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the ideas. I like the smoke bomb one. No one gets hurt, it just causes confusion.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Well, on TV, it looks like a shot of a .45 or a .357 fired in the air stops all brawls... I think it would have the added advantage of bringing in (a lot of) cops faster to the scene 😉

More seriously, I love the garden hose idea! If you expect more of those mob situations, maybe it's worth adding another 35' length to your current spool!

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

At the Expo there was Spartan Krav Maga doing demoes. I went to one and they had some great ideas. Might be worthwhile looking into taking some classes with them.

Hope you are ok 🙁 Lovely neighbors..

I spoke to the one gentleman in length at the show. In the next week or two I am to go see him to see if they can do individual classes for me due to my ptsd. I have no problems getting into the middle of things if I have someone to protect (help). The problem is that I swore to myself over 30 years ago that I would not hurt someone again unless I had no choice.

Some time between last night and this morning a lot of my ptsd terror /fear is gone. :mrgreen: I have no clue why. Maybe it is because I know how I will react. I slept like a child for the first time in years. Out working in the garden this morning I was singing. lol

I have been in contact with someone that is going to help teach me about mob control. Some one that was trained to do so. If I didn't know the people involved, my response would have been a lot different. Most of the neighbours on the street are great people. This morning a few of us had a mini meeting to address the issue. Starting tomorrow we will be taking steps to try to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

on a side note - in the morning talk, we found out that a house in the neighbourhood has been rented to members of the Bloods 😯

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Thanks for all the ideas. I like the smoke bomb one. No one gets hurt, it just causes confusion.

Confusion is a very effective tool when you're outnumbered and need to make something happen. I think like a predator and always weigh the cost/benefit ratio. In the scenario you painted for me, I would not put myself at risk for no gain. In these kinds of situations you have to think outside the box. When civvies fight, they almost invariably have this fantasy about being the tough guy. They have a predetermined path in their mind for how the fight is supposed to go and once you knock them off their path, they generally don't know how to get back on it.

In this case, meeting force with force would merely escalate the situation, and unless you greatly outnumber those you wish to control, the risk of injury is high. So you meet force with confusion, misdirection and uncertainty. I can't count how many times small units have been saved by a well placed head shot on a charismatic leader, the judicious placement of a few mines, a mortar barrage of smoke, dropping a pinned fragmentation grenade on the floor or even the creative placement of a road sign.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network