May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home defense

113 Posts
47 Users
0 Reactions
34.1 K Views
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Good advice but what about when shtf stuff what should one do then if someone wants in no matter what

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@perfesser)
Prominent Member

I don't believe there will be a SHTF but:
Section 40 of the Criminal Code, which deals with the defence of dwellings, “everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority.”

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

I don't believe there will be a SHTF but:
Section 40 of the Criminal Code, which deals with the defence of dwellings, “everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority.”

It has to be justifiable force, and no greater than what your threatened with. In other words, if he has a knife, you can't blow him away with a shot gun, even if he has a knife to you child's throat. Bad analogy, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

lf the long term SHTF , section 40 of the criminal code will be as much use as the rest of the state SFA, armed gangs/self appointed militia dispensing there own form of justice, settling scores, taking what they want. The decent to chaos perhaps a bit like many bore witness to in the Balkans for example, but with no NATO-no UN-no red cross no nothing, fear makes humans do ugly things. Nice to think we would all pull together, but my experiences in hellholes around the world lead me to believe its the stuff of dreams. Kindness translates to weakness and the weak do not survive, ugly words, even more ugly in reality.

Personally i lean towards natural disaster 4-6 months of minor disorder break down of services etc etc. A long term event, and we will be tribal , again, and it will be very very ugly.

Best form of defense might then be a loaded Gibbit, as well as a loaded gun.

Mac, Capt downer, oh and happy holidays 😉

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks ranger for that info didn't know you had to meet with what they have worries me a bit even the thought of holding one of my family and I've heard of people going to jail for saving a family member from a robber who was trying to stab or shoot someone they love our justice system is so working for the criminals lol

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Lethal force is not permitted in defense of property in Canada. Self defense, including lethal force to protect from death or serious bodily harm of yourself or others is allowed. However there is a quite a few factors the courts will take into account when they decide if you overstepped with your response. The federal gov is currently streamlining the laws regarding this.

You owe it to yourself to acquaint yourself with the laws surrounding this subject if you even remotely think you will face this situation. Forums can point you in the right direction to find info, but last place you should go for legal advise.

As far as matching threat with response, he has a knife i can't use a gun scenario, the law doesn't actually say that. What the assailant is using to harm you with doesn't matter. What matters is that he is trying to harm you. And was your response reasonable.

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

so ventilating him once to save yourself could be justified as fine... but the extra 3 you put into him after he was already down would be tough to explain.

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

so ventilating him once to save yourself could be justified as fine... but the extra 3 you put into him after he was already down would be tough to explain.

You could always blame slam fire...?!!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the good advice

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

lts not only down to guns either any kind of physical altercation can present serious problems.lve been into this in detail with the RCMP (before, not after) Theres many things that will be taken into account, is quite the legal minefield. l have on occasion had to restrain people and protect myself. Hitting someone once and disabling them is one thing, the problems can start if your defense involves several contacts. This problem can be compounded by skills you may have.
For instance if you are on your property and someone comes onto it without permission in a vehicle , them getting out of the vehicle is viewed as an aggressive act and gives you the right to protect yourself............................not beat seven bells of $hit out of them.

But at the end of the day, i would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Mac

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

pretty much! You would be screwed if they where not armed though, saying that nothing stopping someone doing what cops have been doing for ever!

Mac, naughty mind

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So can anyone tell me where's the best place to get this info on defence for home

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Im a big fan of psycological deterents...like the classic escaped snake sign.LOL....But you all know me for saying something different and I hate to dissapoint.

I used to live in a small motor home and keeping the crack heads out was a full time job....so....I kept a gas mask and a big can of bear spray next to the bed. My plan?... If someone breaks in, I roll over, slip on the gas mask, fill the room with pepper spray, roll back over and go back to sleep

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

So can anyone tell me where's the best place to get this info on defence for home

RCMP

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network