May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

BOV

69 Posts
19 Users
0 Reactions
10.8 K Views
(@salix)
Trusted Member

why not save your money and keep an eye out for one that you like at the dealers. That way if SHTF you can go there and pick it up for free. Just hope that it is not a EMP type of SHTF then most vehicles are pretty much pooped. Just an idea I had. If WROL happens it is not illegal.

Stealing is ALWAYS illegal, whether there is law enforcement of not. If you honestly think to implement this plan, than you are no better than a looter. In a collapse scenario, those vehicles may be the dealership owner's only barterable assets. You can be darn sure that if you threaten someone's only assets that they can trade for the necessities of life, you threaten that life as well, and should not be surprised if they defend them.

This line of thought is all that is wrong with the prepper movement. "I'll just take what I need". I find it disgusting.

ReplyQuote
 gPRS
(@gprs)
Estimable Member

Salix;
while I'm not condoning or defending Regularguy's idea, I must point out IF the SHTF and then there exists a "possible" WROL, i.e. no government, military or police control, then just taking a vehicle from the street or a dealer lot would not be really "illegal" as Regularguy points out. However, it should be considered morally and ethically wrong to pre-plan to "take" something one does not own, and I agree with the remainder of your first paragraph. But, I do suggest you Google "looting."

In consideration of that, I think your last paragraph steps over the bounds.
If I am labelled a prepper, given my inclinations, experience and knowledge, which would allow me to "take" an abandoned vehicle - not steal but take - then I should take offense. But I do not.

IF, and it would be a big "if," it was a big SHTF / TEOTWAWKI / WROL situation, and you saw someone laying dead next to their car or bodies littered around a car dealership, and it was you - and maybe your family with you - would you hesitate to take a vehicle if it was operable?
I certainly wouldn't !
I saw the movie 2012. But I know the movie's premise and end result to be an exaggeration, and scientifically statistically unlikely.

Sure, a number of "preppers" might succumb to worst case scenarios thinking.
But the SMART prepper knows if its the real thing, i.e. an Extinction Level Event (ELE), then grab your loved ones and hold together - shouting prayers if you desire; or, stick your head between your legs and kiss your a$$ good bye.

=============================================
Is what you say worth at least a Canadian nickel now?
Cause two cents ain't worth squat anymore !
----
Self-sufficient is good. Co-efficient is better.
=============================================

ReplyQuote
(@readytogo)
Eminent Member

My BOV

Badges?, Don't need no stinkin Badges

ReplyQuote
(@salix)
Trusted Member

There is a very big difference between an emergency life-threatening situation and premeditation about what vehicle you are going to 'take' when the balloon goes up. Rather than dreaming about what vehicle you 'get to choose' in the dealership lot, your efforts should be towards acquiring what think you will need now. Anything else and you are part of the problem, and yes, a no better than a looter.

I'm not trying to be controversial, but unless you are absolutely certain that something has been truly abandoned and there are no heirs that have claim on said item and/or your life is truly in danger, taking what you want without paying for it is stealing, and it's not the police you should be worried about. There are still the laws of acceptable behavior in humanity, regardless of whether the judicial system is operating or not.

I think preppers have to call out this line if thinking - if you remain silent you are in essence condoning it. We prep so we do not need to beg and steal. We barter, we trade, but we should not include 'taking without paying' as part of our preparedness planning. If you plan on getting into a life-threatening situation without having what you need, you have big problems. A thread about BOVs should not include a plan to 'take' what you want. Make other plans now, in your beat-up car, in a friends pickup, whatever. There are alternatives.

Just my two cents.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

There is a very big difference between an emergency life-threatening situation and premeditation about what vehicle you are going to 'take' when the balloon goes up. Rather than dreaming about what vehicle you 'get to choose' in the dealership lot, your efforts should be towards acquiring what think you will need now. Anything else and you are part of the problem, and yes, a no better than a looter.

I think preppers have to call out this line of thinking - if you remain silent you are in essence condoning it.

We prep so we do not need to beg and steal. We barter, we trade, but we should not include 'taking without paying' as part of our preparedness planning. If you plan on getting into a life-threatening situation without having what you need, you have big problems. A thread about BOVs should not include a plan to 'take' what you want. Make other plans now, in your beat-up car, in a friends pickup, whatever. There are alternatives.

Just my two cents.

Salix,

I have been watching where this thread has been going and tried not to be heavy-handed. I AGREE WITH YOU. Theft is theft.

Being prepared means you can takecare of yourself and your family.

Planning to loot a car dealership in SHTF/WROL/TEOTWAWKI is very short sighted, illegal and will probably end with pitchfork justice. Foretold is forewarned.

Salix thanks for keeping your moral compass while others are losing theirs.

Get this thread back on topic.

Mountainman.

PS - That is an awesome Deuce!! That will make a nice ride in all terrain, all climates and all seasons.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

For those of you wanting a system to manage your shovels, axes or picks, have a look at quick fist tye-downs.

These type of mounts are used by fire departments all over North America. Maybe, because of this they are a little pricey if you need a lot.

I hope this helps finish your BOV project.

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Where can I get one of the douces

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@readytogo)
Eminent Member

I'll sell you mine

Badges?, Don't need no stinkin Badges

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

How much don't have alot of money or if u need a carpenter lol or a self propelled generator lol

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@offgridhippie)
Trusted Member

Man if I brought a douce home, I'd be dead! Mrs. Hippie would divorce me right on the spot 👿

I never thought costco shelving could be so amazing

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

No mine she likes the idea I'm a good sales man I could sell rubbers to a munk lol

ReplyQuote
(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

I have seen monks wearing rubber boots. It rains there too! 🙂

Chance favours the prepared mind

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Bahahahahahahahaha oh that hurt lol

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Here's what I want anyone know if I can get one into Canada or anyone willing to try for me

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

As long as the weapon systems are decommissioned you shouldn't have any issues owning one. The price tag for a fully functioning (ie road worthy) one are pretty high though. Don't think it can be used as a daily driver however, I'm sure there is special licensing that is required to operate one.

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network