May 14, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

edmonton cabela's meet

38 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

sounds good

ReplyQuote
 Zana
(@zana)
Estimable Member

I was just worried they had opened a new one without me knowing. See you at 7

ReplyQuote
rorschach
(@rorschach)
Eminent Member

Hi.

I'm the guy who didn't have the fancy call sign (i.e. the Lurker).

Nice to meet you all tonight!

Take care.

- Rorschach -

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

Great meeting tonight. Met some new folks and touched base with familiar faces.
Hopefully this is a good start towards more people in Edmonton getting together to chat about things that interest preppers and gain some new friends.

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

Awesome meeting tonight's let's keep them going

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
 smor
(@smor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the meet up everyone. Hope we can keep them going.

ReplyQuote
 Zana
(@zana)
Estimable Member

Yes it was good to meet everyone. Too bad the ones in the Edmonton area talking about a meeting didn't make it.

ReplyQuote
 Zana
(@zana)
Estimable Member

Maybe we could have meetings once a month somewhere like Hawreluk park where there are tables under shelter in case it rains. Someone could tie a balloon to there arial so we end up together. Camo balloon of course lol

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

I like doing a tims or McDonald's as a meeting place that way you can sit and have a coffe and bathroom close by

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
rorschach
(@rorschach)
Eminent Member

I concur with Duffman above.

It felt a bit strange congregating in a parking lot. And it would have been worse after nightfall.

Besides the creature comforts mentioned above, it probably looks more "normal" and mainstream to meet in a restaurant or cafe. Maybe we need a cover story, like "camping club" or something more creative than that though.

Still not sure I'd want to talk too loudly about anything firearms related in such a venue though.

- Rorschach -

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

Been away for a bit.
Great coffee conversation!

Keep it up Edmonton 😉

ReplyQuote
(@qeverything)

Hello Everyone,
New member here. I was fortunate today to stumble upon this great resource. I have been aggressively prepping for a year now and I am just starting to feel somewhat prepared. For WHAT you might ask? Well, firstly I must say that I feel an obligation to my children who are now 21 and 24. They live in a completely different reality than I do. I am alone in my thinking, surrounded by people who think I am worrying about scenarios that will never happen. The things that frightened me 2 years ago pale in comparison to my more recent fears of "mass immigration" and nuclear war. I have been watching the deterioration of the UK, Germany, Sweden, France, as well as other countries. One thing I am NOT....is naïve. It is just a matter of time before we begin to see the transformation here in Canada as the number of immigrants increases. As the US ushers in a new government, my fears of nuclear war have become more prevalent. My BOB is packed and I long to hit the bush. My days are, for the most part, spent deep in thought dreaming of that ideal remote location where I can live in peace again. Where I can wake up without worry and fear. I am eager to meet with people who share similar concerns and are actually taking steps towards securing a safe and secure future. It would be great knowing dates and locations of where the group meets. I am near Red Deer Alberta. In the meantime I will try to familiarize myself with this wonderful site.
Thank you to everyone who has made this site possible.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

Welcome Qeverything
I try to make it up to Edmonton once a month at least if you ever want to meet for coffee let me know I'll message my cell and I'll try to get a few others to come to

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

It's been a while since I logged in due to life but welcome!
I'm going to be in Red Deer at the end of the month for a few days. If you want to talk to people in person?

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

What about me can't I come lol

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network