May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Mock SHTF Meeting

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@quietman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello Preppers!
Who is in and where are we going to meet?
Here is the senario...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This implies we have a community of preppers who have planned ahead and built or dream hideout...

You wake up tomorrow morning Saturday June 16, 2012.
The power is off, but you still have water pressure even though it is weak.
There is no cell service, but luckily the land line works because your phone rings.
It's Bob from your prepper co-op, the S has hit the fan. He has been able to conyact four of the five people on his list. It is now up to someone in your house to call the people on your list. Each phone call takes less than 60 seconds because it is a pre planned message call. "get to the muster point, don't go directly to the community yet because the disaster is between your home and it."
You are finished the calls, the bug out bags are loaded and everyone is in the vehicle.
You begin to make your way out of town, luckily a corner store is open and the full caos of it all has not stirred the entire population yet.
You stop and pick up what you have cash for and can fit in your vehicle and then continue on your way to the muster point.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Okay folks... who is in and where are we going to meet?
1: We need a place between Edmonton and Calgary.
2: We are only going to be there for about 3 hours to meet, exchange contact info and discuss this senario.
3: You will be back home tomorrow night.
4: This is not the monthly meeting, this is to see who is serious about having people you can count on.
5: You don't need to bring everything to this senario, this is simply a last minute and hopefully enjoyable exercise.

I want to meet you.

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

(@dendrite)
Eminent Member

Great idea but with such short notice, unless it is the real thing, I am already obligated. In fact, even when we plan get-togethers with several weeks notice, only a handful of bodies manage to make it. I was unable to make it to the last one due to illness. I applaud your optimism and initiative but unless I am way off the mark, very few if any people will be able to just drop everything on a Saturday, at such short notice, and drive to a location between Edmonton and Calgary for a practice run. Now, if the SHTF for real, of course my obligations will be summarily cancelled in favour of surviving.

I do think that this kind of exercise is a great idea and, at some time in the future, should be actually drilled to test routes, packing times, recall lists and equipment checklists.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, but the whole point is to catch us off guard. Even if just one other person meets up, it is a great start.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member

Sorry would like to be part of this exercise but we have guests from south of the border on their way north
They only come through every 2 years. He has health issues and blowing the visit off just isn't acceptable guess we fail. 🙁

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That's no problem Morningcoffee. Thanks for replying. But don't be afraid to raise your own such challenge on a weekend that works for you.

And for anyone who is tempted, but has another issue, tell us. If someone from anywhere in driving distance wants to give this a shot, suggest a more suitable meeting point for you.

The area I braught up is not written in stone. If you are in Fort McMurray, Peace River, Crowsnest Pass, Medicine Hat or even across the border in Saskatchewan, it's all about meeting half way.

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

Good idea but I don't think we have enough of a trust built up yet for such a situation. Maybe we should have a few more low keyed meetings to build such trust and build a good stable prepper network....Non the less a very good idea, I just feel a little to soon for the folks that have been coming out to the meeting's, we are just starting to get to know and trust each other....

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Traveller.
I thought it was a bold move, which is why the invitation is still open.
Also I will keep checking the posts for the next schedualed meeting.

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

Excallant; it will be great to have you at the meetings to share ideas.....There is a 2 man recon s.o.g. unit going out on saturday to find a good location...will keep all posted and updated saturday evening....

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

Can not make it...sorry

ReplyQuote
(@mountaineer)
Trusted Member

We're unable to make it as well; wife is in a course to help us improve our lifestyle for when we move onto our acreage.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network