May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

North Central Alberta Preppers - Where are you?

52 Posts
25 Users
0 Reactions
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone!

We had a great meeting with Quietman in Edmonton today, the only thing missing was....you! While we really would like to be part of the more Southern group, we can't always get away for the 3+ hour plus driving times. We might be able to make some events but maybe if there is interest we could supplement these get-togethers with some "local" meetings. Anyone interested? Southerners would be more than welcome if they would like to make the journey Northward to share some of their information and stories. Anyone out there?

W

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

(@deleau)
Trusted Member

"Much to learn you still have...”~YODA

ReplyQuote
(@muskeg)
Eminent Member

Hey Guys,
If there was an Edmonton meet and greet, I might be able to get there.

Don't worry deleau, no one seems to have a problem with folks jumping right in... well unless it involves bears jumping from above.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

That is great. Let's see how many more we can get interested! Everybody down South ok with us doing a meeting up this way? Welcome deleau...jump in anytime glad to hear your ideas on anything you want to talk about

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

That is great. Let's see how many more we can get interested! Everybody down South ok with us doing a meeting up this way? Welcome deleau...jump in anytime glad to hear your ideas on anything you want to talk about

Good lord yes the preppers in the north country need to build a net work, good luck and good job on taking the initiative

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

I was beginning to wonder if there were any preppers in the Edmonton area. It was starting to feel awful lonesome around here.

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

How about anyone closer to RED Deer?

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

ReplyQuote
(@airraidd)

Hi Edmonton preppers!
Just joined this site tonight. Been on the fence about prepping for sometime and have only just started in the last month or so. Family of five , kids and wife are hesitant 🙂 but they don't think the old man is crazy so that's a good start. 🙄
Started stocking water and ammo, but food is the next biggie...going to place first order for Thrive/incaseof in the next week or so. Anyone tried those gamma lids they have for sale??
For water, started buying the "jumbotainers" from cabellas, very big but still easy to heft around. They sell out all the time so i think i like minded individual is buying them up as well 🙂
Anyways, glad to have found this site, will watch for posts here.
Does anyone else watch southernprepper1 on youtube? Seems to have his act together, interesting ideas anyways.
Later!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

New poster here too! I'm also new to prepping, and have been enjoying this forum and your posts. I'm also Edmonton area and am excited to see not all of you are south. I'm looking forward to building a network with people close by and down south.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hey taz we were here all along just biding our time I guess. Welcome Airraidd and Blink thanks for jumping in to join the Edmonton contingent and being a part of the bigger Alberta group.
We are just getting ready to order some pails and gamma lids from costco.ca Decent price and they will be delivered free to Edmonton and membership at Costco is not required. Need somewhere to store sugar and for us dog food! Have to remember our four legged family members and keep them safe as they are great at sniffing out berries, etc.
Look forward to hearing everyone's ideas and setting up a "first" meeting sometime soon.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

I am excited about how far this seams to be going province wide.
I am looking forward to the meeting in Beiseker July 21, but I will say here that I would like to organize one that would also benefit anyone near Fort McMurray, Peace River Grande Prairie and other more northerly communities.
My guess is as we get things going in all areas of the province that many more people will begin to join the site.
The more folks we get posting, the easier it may someday be to show those close to our hearts who are scoffing the suggestions, that mabey there is something to this after all.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am so glad there is so much interest in the Edmonton area! Does anyone want to start the process of a group meeting here as I am sadly going to be tied up with some urgent family matters for the next while? Welcome to all, please feel free to start threads and jump in on any of the topics that interest you or that you want more information on. Looking forward to hearing all those great ideas and meeting everyone,
W

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

I have recieved permission from a farmer I know, to use his land for a meeting. We will be able to not just have a gathering, but also to practice setting up emergency shelters, building campfires, utilizing and showing off our bug out bags, etc.
As another bonus he and his family are interested in joining in.
I will now post the rest of the info in the post entitled "Alberta third meeting location/date/time".

ReplyQuote
(@bitbybit)
Eminent Member

Hi folks,

This prepping thing is lonesome as hell. I'm trying so hard but have so much to learn. Count me in for a meet-up!

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Looks like a regional grouping might make people happy. How many people would be interested in a Red Deer - Edmonton - Athabasca type region in terms of North South. Anyone could of course choose to join in but it would give us the option of creating a network that would be close enough to be effective if we need help.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network