May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Water distiller

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@javert)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking to distil a large quantity of water and before I go out and buy an expensive distiller I thought I'd ask the community for some feed back or experiences they have had with distilling water or finding a good system. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks. 😀

(@quietman)
Estimable Member

As usual Google brings Youtube and wikipedia.
Youtube = slow sand filter
Wikipedia - carbon filter (great drawing)
This is one good method for activated carbon filtering. The trick we have found is in the cloth or screen. between layers. 3 layers of window screen works great between the layers of pea gravel, activated charcoal and washed sand... in that order.
We used a large plastic garbage can for the medium between the eavethough and the holding tank.

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

I have researched them also and will be getting a non-electric steam distiller.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

Hey LG,
Wasn't your husband going to put together a powerpoint presentation for us as well since this is his specialty?? 😀

(I'm not sure if he actually agreed to that suggestion mind you)

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

lol Dangphool! He is not computer trained...he is a really good power engineer/water treatment operator yet doesn't think fast on his feet & also not usually sociable enough to do a presentation...lol He is somewhat of a loner/brainy smurf type!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network