May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cost - Generator Panel

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Curious to see if anyone has installed a generator sub panel, switch and twist-lock connection at their property recently.

I'm considering getting this setup here like I once had at a previous property. I can't remember how much I paid then. Received a quote from an electrician and the estimate is a little over $1500 plus GST.

I know Peppercorn will say "do it yourself!" but wifey is pretty adamant we're to get an electrician, and so do the insurances!

I have the generator (7kw) and I'm hoping to run the furnace motor, the cistern + septic pumps and, in the summer, the fridge and freezer.

If you have recent experiences along with $ value, I'd appreciate hearing about it all.

Thanks

Share:
Canadian Preppers Network