May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

On Kijiji

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This guy doesn't even know what he has, he has a grid tie inverter (no csa markings) that I suspect was used on some gurrila feed back system, Likely to mask a grow op. A couple extra mod sign inverters, the Aims 2000 watt unit might be ok. The controller is useless for solar as its set up for diversion, dumping by the look of the resistors, and that makes me think it is for windmill operation, not solar. The Kyocera panels are ok, 7 of them at 80 watts. The 6,150 watt ones (likely ok output wise) have no brand or Class rating on the back so could not have been used on any legal grid tie system. This guy is holding a mixed bag of nuts, and is asking too much for what he has. The total wattage of panels is 1500, not bad at all, but not at his asking price of 1500.00 for the lot.
If any one is looking to put their toe in to the water, to play around and knock together a small backup system for the house, or a very large system for the RV you could get a good amount of panels, 1500 watts (and some a ok brand), and a useable inverter you might want to look at this. No way will he sell this at his asking price but let the add run for a month or so, and then offer him 600.00
That would be reasonable for a usable 2000 watt inverter, 1500 watts in panel power, and a assortment of parts.I would not pay a nickel more myself, but I can tell you even the panels without a class ratting will blow away what you can buy at Canadian tire. This guy is out by Warburg Alberta.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/edmonton/solar-panels-and-equipment/1334711160?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Ten years ago I would have killed to buy 1500 watts of panels (even junk ones) for 1500 dollars, now I laugh at that. People just don't understand how much things have changed.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well it looks like I was wrong, the guy sold everything at his asking price within about 60 hrs of listing it.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@term0shad)
Estimable Member

Like they say. A sucker born every minute. Bet you later on that sucker will be kicking his own ass.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network