May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Portable backpack or even base camp power

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Came across this and ordered one up. Looks like a pretty good source of 24/7 power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMd97U5Qs8

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Hi Clarence,

This may be an alternative to those cloudy days where solar isn't the best choice. It's a more expensive one though. To achieve 25 watts, you need a 45 mph wind. Portable 25 watts solar panels (such as the uxcell® 25W 18V Solar Panel Charger Solar Cell Ultra Thin Flexible with MC4 Connector) can be purchased for at Amazon.ca for $82.01 with free shipping, so over $200 is a bit pricey. It does offer an interesting alternative. Thanks for posting.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I really liked the water aspect,

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi Clarence,

This may be an alternative to those cloudy days where solar isn't the best choice. It's a more expensive one though. To achieve 25 watts, you need a 45 mph wind. Portable 25 watts solar panels (such as the uxcell® 25W 18V Solar Panel Charger Solar Cell Ultra Thin Flexible with MC4 Connector) can be purchased for at Amazon.ca for $82.01 with free shipping, so over $200 is a bit pricey. It does offer an interesting alternative. Thanks for posting.

Update, still waiting for the thing so nothing to ad. Question for you or others. Why the 45 mph wind? I understand the higher the wind, the faster the charge but a steady 15 klick wind will surely give some power after 12 hours? Sailboaters always had a litte windmill Spinning for their battery bank.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

I suppose it depends on where you live. There're places here where the wind supplies all power needs, but usually this is on the ocean where wind is dependable. In a forested area like Ontario, not so much. I live a kilometer from the shore, but the trees cut most of the wind.

I too thought the water application was cool. One problem could be debris/or branches/trees in the water. Whatever is in the water will flow down, so I don't know about the dependability of this.

Be sure to provide an update once you've put it through its paces...

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Hi Clarence,

Update, still waiting for the thing so nothing to ad. Question for you or others. Why the 45 mph wind? I understand the higher the wind, the faster the charge but a steady 15 klick wind will surely give some power after 12 hours? Sailboaters always had a litte windmill Spinning for their battery bank.

This thing cant achieve 25 watts, cant ever, no way, no how. The web site is a blend of advertising wank designed to promote the product while limiting legal liability for out right fraud. The two 5 volt usb ports are regulated (as they would have to be), to only 3 amps ( at 45mileperhr) available to regulate between both ports so that's 5 volts x 3= 15 watts at best. So really only maybe at max wind speed you can get that (I dont believe you will even get that). At wind speeds in the thirties you would be dropping down to millamps, microamps at wind speeds in the 20s. As soon as you see any wind device being rated at speeds greater than in the 20 mile per hrs range you would be wise to just assume they are using a lot of hype.
Or as in this case Gignormous amounts

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thank you both for feedback. If ever it comes, I will certainly test and report back

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network