May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Go Tenna

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

We have just ordered a 4 pack of these. The network appears to be expanding and they are upgrading to allow more "hops". Anyone else tried these yet?

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like a high cost for short-range service. Good idea, but until it catches on (if?) I'll do without the expense.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

You are right, not everybody would spend money on communications. You can always yell out your back door or get a couple of tin cans and some string. I put value on a people powered system that is more secure. It's all about choices. 😀

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

I too believe in communication; there are many options. Some prefer ham radio. Like you said, it's all about choices...

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

And one of us has a radio license so we have that option as well. But a lot of people don't want to spend the extra money and go through the licensing process. At some point the license might not matter, but for now it does and a "friendly" option could be the Go Tenna which is cheaper than the radio setup and licensing and might allow for a larger group for communications.

This was just a feeler to see if other people are interested. The Go Tenna system has some decent 25% and 10% discounts available that might be worth exploring if someone was so inclined.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

You make a good point. In a SHTF scenario however, I'm not concerned about licensing; as I see this as 'emergency use only.' I respect the law, but circumstances dictate action. Few will starve to death before breaking into a grocery store that's full of food. If I find myself in need of communication, I will utilize whatever means at my disposal. Preparations will be focused on the most efficient and cost-effective method.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

You make a good point. In a SHTF scenario however, I'm not concerned about licensing; as I see this as 'emergency use only.' I respect the law, but circumstances dictate action. Few will starve to death before breaking into a grocery store that's full of food. If I find myself in need of communication, I will utilize whatever means at my disposal. Preparations will be focused on the most efficient and cost-effective method.

Well said Wayne. We both respect laws yet we all speed! During a crisis, there will be no laws ( unless one is caught) people will get past laws real quick and while I am not a ham operator, I wouldn’t hesitate buying and learning the equipment now so they are ready for the future.

I somehow doubt people will be calling in or obtaining a burn permit either when cooking up some food in an open fire.LMAO, Town hall won’t be open so no need to worry about buying a burn permit like I have to do now!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network