May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How Radio Prepared Are You?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

We are looking into the posibilities of putting together a ham radio net that would meet on a regular basis on air.
Just wondering what our members are geared up for.
If you don't see an option that applies to your situation, please comment.

(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

There is a section for license free radio gear "only." but not one for owning something in that category along with other gear such as VHF/UHF?

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

There is a section for license free radio gear "only." but not one for owning something in that category along with other gear such as VHF/UHF?

Unfortunately I can only offer 10 options on the poll.

ReplyQuote
(@lowranger)

I have FRS/GMRS, VHF and UHF and a digital scanner. I'm planning on getting my Amateur tech license in the near future.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

I too have FRS/GMRS equipment. I have a VHF (aviation) license and am interested in purchasing ham equipment.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@gallowshumour)
Trusted Member

I have two cans and 25 feet of string.

ReplyQuote
(@gerardo)
Eminent Member

I regularly use my CB radio to freeband in 11 meters. Have my base station with a full size antenna. Have not heard much English recently.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network