May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

new FCC rules

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@myrrdan)
Topic starter  

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone has heard about the new ruling the FCC has started putting into place regarding the different radio frequencies.
I also read that they're going to start denying import of radios that are programmable, above the maximum wattage, etc etc
I don't know enough to know whether or not its going to affect the baofeng uv-5r's .
If its going to, I'll have to order a bunch in before the importing rules change lol

(@denob)
Member Admin

The FCC is the American authority so it doesn't affect us. We are governed by Industry Canada.

ReplyQuote
(@myrrdan)
Topic starter  

Ah I can never remember if the FCC has any control up here or not. Or what Canada's version of it is lol.

ReplyQuote
The Island Retreat
(@the-island-retreat)
Reputable Member

Industry Canada regulates this for us. Recently renamed to a more mundane title.

Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

A little clarification regarding Canadian regulations and the Baofeng.
I just got off the phone with Industry Canada.
This was a surprisingly quick call with a live person answering on the first ring and having the information at hand...no waiting!
Baofeng radios are legal to use in the amateur bands.
Period.
No certification is required for the radio itself regarding amateur radios.
They ARE NOT legal to use on any other bands, including commercial bands, FRS band, GMRS band etc.
Again, amateur radios do not need Industry Canada certification...the operator however does.
EDIT:IMPORTANT NOTE!
IN CANADA IT IS ILLEGAL TO POSESS AN AMATEUR RADIO WITHOUT BEING THE HOLDER OF A LICENSE!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network