May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Best Handheld Ham Radio?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@dascribbler)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I started my HAM Radio License a few years ago, the technical stuff bored me and I drifted away from it. Looking at getting back into it and have started looking at Portable Ham Radio's for Bugging out.

So many Options and makes out there, not sure what to look at. Anyone here own or use portable Ham Radio's? What do you like? What do you recommend?

Thanks 🙂

DaScribbler

(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

I have a Baofeng UV5R - pretty good little thing. Other popular ones are Yaesu & ICOM

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
(@bob-scott)

Just finished programming my uv-5r, copyng all Cdn Federal and Reference.com (Canada) freq tables for local Cities. Also have CB and Marine handhelds..all with 12 volt optional plugs. Remember - If you are going to listen to Marine freqs you require a Lic to transmit. But I'd ignore that in a real SOS condition. I'm prepped for both bug-out (Land or Water) and bug-in conditions as best my pocket book could handle. It has taken me 18 months to do the research, save the funds and buy based on priority bug-out goods--need.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network