May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Pidgeons for communication

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@marmitton)
Topic starter  

I am working on a pigeon station for communincation.
I have two other locations in the province, owned by different communities, which are equiped of pigeon hotels.
I way of communication that has its ups and downs.
I am now in the process of waitting for the new borns.
Lots of fun!

Who else in the project would like to have a pigeon hotel, putting you in communication with other communities?
Takes a while, but worth it.
And yes it takes s specific quind of pigeon, especially if you are more than 50km away from the others. But if you get the right pigeons,
you can communicate with people that are more than 1000km away!

Keep on prepping. We don't know when shit will hit the fan!

Marmitton
mauriciepreppers@hotmail.com

westshield
(@westshield)
Trusted Member

I've always been fascinated by communication by pigeon. How does it work? I would need to get a pigeon who grew up in your 'hotel' right?
Isn't it that they will navigate their way home? And that's how the message is brought?

There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

ReplyQuote
(@marmitton)
Topic starter  

the way it works is simple...
first you need to have pidgeons born on your land if you want them to come back there... second, they must feel protected and have an abondance of food.
The if you are no go lets say, to an outpost at about 20 km or whatever, you leave with a dove and if you have a message to send it goes back home.

In order to communicate with some other community with pidgeons, they must have their own pidgeons and you exchange one or two. you have a message to send them? you free their pidgeon. and so on.

You live in Winnipeg? do you know any Christofferssons?

ReplyQuote
westshield
(@westshield)
Trusted Member

Hey sorry for not responding for so long. Ya I kind of thought it would all be like that.
I have a small hobby Farm. I think it would be really neat to get into such communication techniques. I have chickens and a getting a couple cows so I'm not unfamiliar with keep animals.

Though pigeons would probably be quite messy eh as they need to be caged at all times? Or do they? Compared to my chickens who roam around I mean (and can't fly away).

I do not know the Christoffersons so. Are they into prepping? I am part of a group that tries to meet once a month to do various things. And I also started a small online prepping store too if they're into it ;). Www.westshieldoutpost.ca

There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network