May 03, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Ask a leader food storage questions here

93 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
36.1 K Views
(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

Personally I feel that the best approach for planning/doing/using food storage is as follows:

-do a wide variety of ways to store - some fresh, some frozen, some canned, some dehydrated, some cured/pickled/jerkied, some super long-term - depending on what you eat how often. Some foods taste great one way & not the other. That way you balance out in terms of risks & nutritional value & you don't have all your eggs in one basket. It would be a shame to have everything frozen, then lose power, but then if you had everything freeze-dried or in MREs, it is much more expensive, plus MREs can have a lot of salt.

-only store what you will eat. I am guilty of buying stuff I **should** eat for protein (canned sardines, ick), but then I never rotate them ..

-put away a little every week - every time you do a batch of cooking/canning/processing, every grocery trip.

-rotate a little out of your storage every week - use from storage instead of buying new - just don't forget to buy new to replace it.

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

I'm glad they turned out great kootenay kid. 48 hours wow. They must of been very big.

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

I have never seen such big berries as I got this year. Maybe it's because I only got a few dozen berries last yeat. I really don't know, but, I'm not complaining!

KK

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network