April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Pressure canners

27 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@nagol)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

We’ve had a cheaper one for a few years, have had good success with some things and poor results with others.

But I’m curious to hear from someone who upgraded to a higher end unit. Was it worth the expense? 800-1100$ for a canner is a lot of money....

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Nagol or ... so what’s the make and model of the cheaper unit you say works? Thinking of getting one but don’t feel like spending a grand, spent so blasted much this year!

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

I have a Presto pressure canner, I paid 150 at HH a few years ago.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Thanks learner 👍🏻 Will check it out for sure

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have a Presto pressure canner, I paid 150 at HH a few years ago.

Ordered one in from HH. Thanks for feedback

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

yw

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well it looks like I am late to the party. Just went to order one on line at HH and no stock. Looked on amazon, same thing..no stock.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well it looks like I am late to the party. Just went to order one on line at HH and no stock. Looked on amazon, same thing..no stock.

Just wild.
Shame because we are happy with ours. If you do luck in, order in a spare.. gasket and any internal do dads / racks to help The process. Keep plugging

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

peppercorn, try Peavey Mart. They carry them too.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Peppercorn.. if you really want a pressure canner this year.. look at the all american.. they cost 3 to 5 times more then the presto's but they do not need the seals and they will outlast you.. they are insane work horse's but most folks can not afford them.. nor can their stoves carry the weight (remember glass top stoves and pressure canners do not mix well) so they might still be available..

FG

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Peppercorn.. if you really want a pressure canner this year.. look at the all american.. they cost 3 to 5 times more then the presto's but they do not need the seals and they will outlast you.. they are insane work horse's but most folks can not afford them.. nor can their stoves carry the weight (remember glass top stoves and pressure canners do not mix well) so they might still be available..

FG

Ok, I will take a look at those, I should be in the city sometime in the next few days. Why when I see the specs of the pressure canners do I see them list how many pint and quart jars they hold but I dont think I have seen a spec for how many 1/2 gallon jars they hold (1.9 liter size) I have a huge amount of half gallon jars and want to be able to use them.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Ok, I will take a look at those, I should be in the city sometime in the next few days. Why when I see the specs of the pressure canners do I see them list how many pint and quart jars they hold but I dont think I have seen a spec for how many 1/2 gallon jars they hold (1.9 liter size) I have a huge amount of half gallon jars and want to be able to use them.

morning that would ecause half gallons are not considered safe by the canning centers they are storage jars for dried goods or they are used for fermenting .. not for active canning.. so the canner are not built for them nor give the stats for them.. sorry

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Peppercorn. Et al: Below is a link to what we found as a very good company. We brought in a bread maker for One of our children as a Christmas present. Very friendly, prompt email responses and delivery was as promised. Plus it’s canadian. Best of luck to all.

https://www.cookstore.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=Pressure+canner

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

morning that would ecause half gallons are not considered safe by the canning centers they are storage jars for dried goods or they are used for fermenting .. not for active canning.. so the canner are not built for them nor give the stats for them.. sorry

I have screwed up big time then, as I have been been buying a case each time I am at CT. I could have swore I had watched some u tubers canning with them. Is it possible that there is miss-information on youtube?

Was in HH and Peavey Mart, both out of canners. That link you posted Clarence, shows every model on back order.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Peppercorn. Et al: Below is a link to what we found as a very good company. We brought in a bread maker for One of our children as a Christmas present. Very friendly, prompt email responses and delivery was as promised. Plus it’s canadian. Best of luck to all.

https://www.cookstore.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=Pressure+canner

The 25 quart size All American Canner looks to be a reasonable size to start out with as a beginner .

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network