April 20, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Moving With Preps

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well, the plunge is being taken. Not a huge property, but further out from the city and a bit bigger house (kids are gonna be teens soon). The land is also flat instead of our current house being on the side of a mountain.

So here's the ask...how have those of you that moved as a prepper pulled it off?

Looking at moving about 1 year from now.

(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Congrats on the new place Denob.

My moves have all been long distances and we’re arranged by work, so my biggest involvement was ensuring the packers/loaders/trucker/unloaders and unpacker were happy and taking care of my stuff. I had a few alibis for inquisitive staff regarding my preps “we”re huge into overland camping and hunting” and “I grew up Mennonite so we always had a huge well stocked pantry… force of habits really lol” (whatever)

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Take this as an opportunity to refine your preps/possessions. Purge the unneeded. And start early, a year will fly by. We did a downsize move two years ago. Spent 6 months getting ready to sell and 2 months after for closing date. So much accumulation after 24 years at that location.

ReplyQuote
(@mamaizzy)
Honorable Member

It took 3 of the biggest uHaul trucks I could rent. I moved the household immediate stuff first, then went back and got the rest a week later then 3 weeks later for the last load. It was a long and frustrating process but, it was worth it.
We moved almost 8 hrs away from where we were and made each trip in a 24 hrs period, no staying over.
There were things I gave away or threw away and I regretted it once I got here. I ended up purchasing new ones or new to me things.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network