April 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

No shortages?

142 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
12 K Views
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Not sure if shortages or a simple matter of capitalism, but Hepa filters have gone up over 100%

For the past many years, we had an Hepa filtration system in the kids’ room due to allergies. Went to reorder on Amazon yesterday. Last order was $18 a year ago. Now, the same, identical, item was $89! I’ve managed to find the same model but from a different supplier for $36.

Guess there are some people going Hepa nuts with virus in mind.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Christmas lights. Still 3 weeks till Christmas and Wallyworld/CrappyTire all sold out.
In past years I've seen row upon row on boxing day, but not this year.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Christmas lights. Still 3 weeks till Christmas and Wallyworld/CrappyTire all sold out.
In past years I've seen row upon row on boxing day, but not this year.

You should see the display that one of the local family put up! Full Griswold theme, including the crazy cousin’s Winnebago (including said cousin with “shitter” hose).

Probably emptied a WallyWorld worth of lights for that display!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well bread yeast has been non existent at Walmart for some time. It was around this summer but poof, gone again various brands of cheese as well. We don’t go inside anymore so can only speak to on line orders. But between placing the order and picking it up, many a time the normal staples are not available.

I wonder what the inventory will look like in December, January and February with predicted increase in new cases. There’s a funny flip side to the issue and that is, while processing, distribution...chains may reduce store shelf inventory, with increased unemployment and debt, some people may be buying less? But then again, the basics of rice, pasta potatoes still are the cheapest, so they still could be low.

All a bit of an academic exercise but one worth keeping an eye on to help try and predict which way the wind is blowing. We in the group know the need for all the basics so are building up needed resources but if they become scarcer, we will also know what to expect from the sheeple.

Not sure how those strings of Christmas lights will taste in a soup but I wish them bon appetite 💡

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Not sure how those strings of Christmas lights will taste in a soup but I wish them bon appetite 💡

Well if I ever resort to eating christmas lights, I'll let you know.
However, that should have lit up (pun intended) a few questions in your mind.
Is China's production ability really back as they claimed?(could be an indication that recovery will be slower than we think)
Are retailers cutting back on stock due to an expected decline in sales?(could be an indication that the masses have shown a reluctance or inability to spend)
Are people in general ramping up for the holidays in an effort to raise sprits?(could be an indication that the morale of the masses is a lot lower than thought)

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/squirrels-steal-hundreds-of-bulbs-1.5828363

Yup! Why do you think I was shopping for Christmas lights in the first place.
Darn squirrels chew them up faster than I can buy them.

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network