May 04, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What Did You Prep This Week

1,359 Posts
130 Users
0 Likes
193.8 K Views
 Sue
(@sue)
Trusted Member

Being a liability to my family makes me feel very uneasy so I bought a Health Walker off Kijiji on Monday, and added walking to my rehabilitation plan.

Hope for tomorrow; Learn from yesterday; Live for today.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

We didn't get this yet, but on our next run to Costco...
20 kg bag granulated sugar at just over $22.00
2 kg bag in supermarket is $2.99
Do the math

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

4 kg ground coffee
400 coffee filters
1 case chef boy ardee (kids seem to like it)
1 kg drink crystals(iced tea)
1 gallon maple syrup
started harvesting cedar branches for next year's kindling.
will be working this week on securing the ever growing get home kit in the trunk of the car.

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

I live in Victoria, BC. I can't afford to own a vehicle, so I buy only what I can get home by myself. This is a partial list of what I got in 2 trips to 2 different malls in one day. All sale items.
2kg honey
216 bag box of orange pekoe tea
48 mega rolls of toilet paper
3 pkg. of 900g macaroni
3 pkg. of 900g spaghetti
3 pkg. of 900g brown rice

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Got the "get home kit" in the car secured so it doesn't fly all over the trunk...
Another trip to my favorite prepper store....Dollarama
10 x canned corn niblets @2/$1
10 x cookies & snacks @ $1
downloaded more e-books on home canning.

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

Got some good buys at london drugs this morning.
6 pair of 40% wool sox for $12
2 combo pkgs. of echinacea (super strength, 75 softgels) and hand sanitizer (grapefruit scent) for $10 (so that's 2 bottles of echinacea and 2 pump bottles of hand sanitizer, in case I wasn't clear)

safeway has 1.1 litre bottles of palmolive dish soap on bogo, worked out cheaper per 100 ml than even their largest econo size

Earlier this week at value village I got one of those flashlights that you shake. Looks new, for only $2. Also I got a large Canadian flag for $6, for when we are camped out in the park after the big one, and the tv newscrew are interviewing us, we'll be the ones waving our flag and yelling: "Send help!"
lol.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

8 kg pasta at .99 each
2 l bbq sauce
canned shrimp coctail
dried split peas
many other item from the beloved liquidation rack at the supermarket.
Heading to Costco Friday night to look for deals...

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

Got an old electric dehydrator from my dad. If I commit to this new activity then I'll look into getting a better one (with a fan, not so bulky, more accessories).

Bought a Vac n Store food storage system from Home Hardware for $20. Consists of bags (2 small, 2 med, 2 large) and a small manual pump. They sell extra bags also.

Put aside 2 more gallon jugs of water. I like the ocean spray pink grapefruit jugs, good handle. (sometimes I buy a bottle of gin too, not to save, but to drink the pink grapefruit juice with) lol.

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

This week I emptied out my second pot drawer in the kitchen and started filling it with food. (I've not used these two drawers for pots, just junk, so am much happier with new set up)

Got a few good buys from the dollar store: pepper X3, couple cans of mini corn (for a black bean salsa recipe I found online), flavoured drink crystals (peach, cherry, raspberry), salt 1 kg

Yesterday at wal-mart I got some clearanced beef bullion cubes (24 for 2.97), parsley flakes (48g for $3), a couple mac & cheese, extra creamy, more pot barley, a big container of coffee-mate (1.4 kg for 5.97)

From shoppers' drug mart I got another peanut butter (1kg for 3.49), friskies cat food (3 for 1.19)x3

Was annoyed at safeway, as per usual. I unknowingly went over their limit of 6 sale Sidekick pasta. I am usually so busy bagging my stuff that I don't get to check prices as they go through, but I always check my receipt before leaving the store. So over to customer service I went to return one. I really wish they'd put these limits on their shelf signs. They are now stating the limits in their flyers but I don't always look at the flyers. What REALLY annoys me is the limit is for the entire week, not just that particular trip through the cash, or that day. They track you with that little red membership card!

From zellers (soon to be target) I got more t.p., a couple of their Truly brand of extra creamy mac & cheese, couple cans of Primo spaghetti sauce $1.29 ea.

So my larder is coming along quite well. It's been a number of years since I've been this well stocked. (when the kids were small, BD: before divorce) 🙄

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

10 bottles of salad dressing - on sale for $1.00
10 family packs of inside round steak - $3.00/lb
Slow sale week.....

ReplyQuote
(@b-c-hawk)

A 240 item First Aid kit from Costco. Two books,"Survival Wisdom& know how" as well as "Country Living & know how".Great pricing on all items.

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

Picked up a couple of bottles of Complete Megazymes from The Vitamin Shoppe for $4.98/90 tablets each, for that beans and rice diet.

And some Clove Oil for $5 from Shoppers. (for toothaches, til you can get proper dental care)

Dollar Store has instant Mashed Potatoes in various flavours ( 4 cheeses, roasted garlic, sour cream & chives) for $1.

Finally tried out the dehydrator my dad gave me, mushrooms turned out pretty good, I think.

ReplyQuote
(@prp_prepper)
Eminent Member

Stored 10 litres of bottled water - received 2 telescopic impact batons that I had ordered, which are legal to have in Canada as long as you don't conceal them - Great to use as a "weapon of opportunity"

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

Had to google Impact Batons, watched a couple demos on UTube. Pretty cool.

ReplyQuote
(@dascribbler)
Estimable Member

I'm pretty new to this whole prepping idea, but I like the idea of the security of not having to worry if anything goes seriously wrong.

I got bottled water on sale the other day so I picked up three cases (aprox: 36 litres) Its not much but it a start 🙂

DaScribbler

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 91
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network