May 14, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What Did You Prep This Week

1,359 Posts
130 Users
0 Likes
195.2 K Views
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Not at all, I do the same. I keep a pouch on my belt with the chainsaw tool, files & guides as well as a FA kit with tourniquet and lots of gauze.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Set up a ham radio 2m/70cm go bag and a small radio kit for DW.
Now for a little training for her and she'll be all set!

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Nice Kit.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I posted a detailed list of the 2 kits on the blog.
http://canadianpreppersnetwork.com/radio-kits/

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Maybe it's my old eyes, but I'm still struggling with reading black type on a dark grey background, Getting old's a bitch. 🙂

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Maybe it's my old eyes, but I'm still struggling with reading black type on a dark grey background, Getting old's a bitch. 🙂

Must be your age, or maybe the contrast on your screen...perfectly readable to me.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Some more spare bow saw blades
Flat black paint
Power adapters to connect to batteries for charging of lights and other electronics
More seeds

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Picked up a scepter military jerry can for gas. Pretty sure funds would never be available to purchase at retail price. But $5 at a garage sale yep. A bit grubby but appears unused. Now to buy the spout.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Must be Scepter month around here. Guy on line had 4 of their military water cans. Picked them up for $ 10 each. All brand new.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Must be Scepter month around here. Guy on line had 4 of their military water cans. Picked them up for $ 10 each. All brand new.

Great deals! Lucky you.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Fuel storage just made easy, from Uncle Wieners Edmonton for 255.00 Holds 130 liters , http://unclewiener.com/product/73953/
I just got one for gas, but will get a second for diesel. There are cheap plastic parts on it, but how do you get away from that in this day and age. Still a good value in my mind. Just plastic fuel cans will cost you a 100 plus to hold this much. While the output hose works, I do suggest going to a proper hose supply house and pick up 8 feet of a better quality hose.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Peppercorn,

I can assume it's legal to fill at a gas station? Nifty product!

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Peppercorn,

I can assume it's legal to fill at a gas station? Nifty product!

I assume so, it says for fuel on it. I will fill it up Oct 1st and I should be good for all winter.(snow blower, generator, etc)

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@term0shad)
Estimable Member

I personally wouldn't fill it at a gas station. That thing holds more then my truck tank at 116 liters. That thing would be heavy as hell to get in back of a pick up. But a cool product.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I personally wouldn't fill it at a gas station. That thing holds more then my truck tank at 116 liters. That thing would be heavy as hell to get in back of a pick up. But a cool product.

When empty its not heavy, I would set it in the truck box empty, strap it to the side, drive to the station, fill it up, and when I get home put a sling around it and lift it off the truck with my over head chain hoist. No lifting for me! heavy lifting is not in my contract.

I may be doing a paying gig, working in my garage this winter, having to run lots of power tools, So I may rack up some more hours on the genny so having my own dispensing station will come in handy.

Hey, I just realised at 30GPM this hand pump would be useful for transferring/pumping water (assuming you don't use it for gas). No power needed.

ReplyQuote
Page 76 / 91
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network