May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hellloooo???

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I’m usually on IPN daily as part of my breakfast coffee routine. Subsequent to a few technical glitches perhaps, I’ve noticed that there are now long stretches without anyone posting in here. Noticed that this year’s Christmas greeting by Learner has been answered by... just me, and this made me wonder: “Are we just all too busy to write a short note here or have a bunch of folks just stopped visiting?”

So, who’s here...?

(@learner)
Reputable Member

Hello.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well I reply the other day and wished people merry Christmas, also enquirer about hell’s health. Not sure if site is screwy again but don’t see my post and I know I sent it

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well I reply the other day and wished people merry Christmas, also enquirer about hell’s health. Not sure if site is screwy again but don’t see my post and I know I sent it

I don't know about your posts but FYI, when you send someone a PM message it wont leave your out box until they next sign in to the system to receive the message. (that's why your messages were in your outbox, the system was waiting for me to sign in in order to receive them)

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I don't know about your posts but FYI, when you send someone a PM message it wont leave your out box until they next sign in to the system to receive the message. (that's why your messages were in your outbox, the system was waiting for me to sign in in order to receive them)

That’s always been the case for private messages.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Thanks you both, but I always check to make sure I am still logged in and of course log back in to see if there are any messages etc. Maybe I screwed up so we will see.

Little ice storm going on here in nations capital and surrounding regions but nothing that will get people really clued in to prepare. May be my sadistic side coming out but I always hope there’s a good outage for two days or more to get people it of their slumber.

Happy New Years to all and all the best with everyone’s efforts

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Clarence, a 2 day outage is unfortunately not going to change anything, just like the annual floods everywhere keep coming as a “surprise” followed by annual government bailout... repeat. Sigh.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Heli, I know, just like to see a bit of pain and at least wake up a few. Those few ramp up efforts and at least they would be ready for hopefully a longer outage that would again, get others organized.
Lot of nice people out there and they have lived sheltered lives so would prefer to see them see the proverbial light in a gentler fashion. Always hate the idea of the sick and old taking the hit. Lots of poor lonely seniors out there

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

How did the storm turn out at the end? We could see the forecast news predicting an awful time, but then just cricket on the topic here in western Canada.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

It was a weird one in ottawa area. My forest was covered in ice, maybe 1/4 plus inch.not really a big deal but many of the smaller 2 inch trees were bent over and oddly even sone 4-6 inches one. I didn’t think it was a big deal but power flickered a good dozen time in past three days. Again, never had that happen for what I view as a small event. Lots of little 20-180 homes affected all around, so short lines must have got hit.

4500 people near Kingston mil base lost power for a few hours.

With what I view as small amount of ice compared to many other years, I was very surprised to see so many outages and momentary flickers. Is line maintenance falling behind? I should check with a friend in hydro to get their input.

Two days before ice storm I checked gen again and electric start isn’t working, pull cord was fine. Had ran three weeks earlier and was fine. Battery is 100%, maybe a flipping mouse

ReplyQuote
(@lowervalleyprepper)

hi

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

Hello

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network