May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Deleted

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@protector)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Deleted

(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Protector,

It’s not simply a matter of OPSEC that prevents me from meeting members in person. I have had a few meetings in person with members here, while I maintain “e-contact” with others. I work long days and irregular hours; when I come home, I have the property to care for. I have little time to work out a coffee meet up at a Tim Horton 2 hours away from my place to talk bug out bags (this may be a shocker, but I don’t own one!!!). I’m not interested in joint land ownership ventures some folks keep push8ng as an agenda either. My “MAG” is my neighbourhood. My neighbours step up to help the Mrs when I’m away with work and something happens here. In return, they can count on me turning up with the tractor when there’s been a snow dump or lending a hand whenever they call. If the end of the worlds came up, I could very likely rely on their help. They’re not preppers, but they are trades people who live in the country.

This to say, in my not so humble opinion, my reluctance to prepper meet ups has nothing to do with OPSEC, but rather that it is usually of little value for the time invested. We live in a huge country and even those members “close to me” can still be a few hours drive away. This makes maintaining a relationship pretty hard and I’m more likely to go split wood with my neighbour a quarter mile away after putting my splitter in my tractor’s front end loader’s bucket, than I am to drive 3 hours away to help a “fellow prepper” with his firewood.

ReplyQuote
(@protector)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Deleted

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Deleted

Why? you had a good post. I was going to comment.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yes, please post. Help had some great points and I too fit into that a bit. Enough on my plate already.

Post away protector

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network