May 05, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

grid hacking

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

take the politics out of it, think of things like this. Our cities, provinces and federal departments can't even figure out the most basic of issues, we all know that. we also know honesty or full disclosure in state vulnerabilities is non existent. Soooo, the below once more reinforces the potential risk we face. One only need cut the power to a few cities in the winter to send a message. of course we can retaliate, blah blah blah, BUT while the adult version of Chicken is played out, people are, as our dear friends in Alberta used to say to us, "freezing in the dark"

This is not a stab to our western brothers and sisters, its just a symbolic statement as to what would happen to people like you, me....

To reinforce how ill prepared we are. below is a snippet. Now remember, none of this is new!. the folks have been yammering about this for DECADES now! well known issues and the good folks refer to emergency orders "drafting basic orders"... the other thing they mention in the article is the big ( shaking in the boots) threat of "fines" oohhh that will turn the lights back on. a quasi provincial utility run by political hacks, appointees and lobbyists being fined. WOW!

"Currently, the secretary of the DOE has the ability to issue emergency orders to the power industry during an imminent or underway attack in order to protect and restore grid reliability. However, the scope of what the secretary might require companies to do is unknown, and the report notes that companies and the government should draft basic orders based on three attack scenarios. "

so, for a sad but good chuckle and tiny insight to how screwed we are, read below. then re-examine your inventory this weekend LOL Costco and Walmart should still be open. Public should all chip in for rabbits feet and send to the heads of our utilities. lots of good workers and managers in the utilities, i know a number of them but overall, its an enormous, old,antiquated system and likely full of holes ready to be taken advantage of by foreign or local actors. I am not worried about a nuke attack. This along with pandemics and economic calamities are what keeps me up at night. Economy may be folding under our feet so that should prove interesting for preps

https://sm.asisonline.org/Pages/A-Shock-to-the-System.aspx

Share:
Canadian Preppers Network