May 14, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Life Disruptions

27 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

HP,
if you have the room, consider upgrading your wheel wrench to a decent 4 way style. Paint the socket that matches your lug nuts a nice bright colour.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

HP,
if you have the room, consider upgrading your wheel wrench to a decent 4 way style. Paint the socket that matches your lug nuts a nice bright colour.

I have one of those and it works well. I also have a bottle jack in my truck. BUT... it wouldn’t fit under the itsy bitsy car in question.

ReplyQuote
(@dakota)
Estimable Member

Life Disruptions...
My husband of 20 years ended the marriage! I think he’s hit his mid life crisis but we will never know. He’s refused marriage counselling or going to any sort of doctor so that is that! I did not see this coming...
2020 has sucked all round. But...I’m full steam ahead with work, the garden and repairs around the farm, staying busy!

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

So sorry to hear Dakota. Wishing you strength through this.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Truly sorry to hear that Dakota. Per Heli, strength and I will add, passion for your life, all that you enjoy And all that you can do in the future. Your approach is the best

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Sad to hear Dakota.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@dakota)
Estimable Member

Thanks guys, sincerely!.. just goes to show you cannot truly prepare for everything. But, it is what you make of it after the crisis that counts.
Anyway...wasn’t goIng to share but thought my painful life lesson could be helpful for some one else. These times are trying and I knew folk would be going through their own individual battles thru these times. Stay grounded...these are times you should focus on self and loved ones!!!
Stay safe all.

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

Sorry to hear that Dakota. These kinds of things just seem to happen when everything else is going on at the same time. Stay safe and well yourself.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Thanks guys, sincerely!.. just goes to show you cannot truly prepare for everything. But, it is what you make of it after the crisis that counts.
Anyway...wasn’t goIng to share but thought my painful life lesson could be helpful for some one else. These times are trying and I knew folk would be going through their own individual battles thru these times. Stay grounded...these are times you should focus on self and loved ones!!!
Stay safe all.

I can only think of Macbeth and the words...Come what come may/ Time and the hour runs through the roughest day. It doesnt help I know, but such is the life we live. I have found that most lifes changes come out of the blue, unexpected, Its the human condition.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

I am sorry to hear that Dakota, that would be very hard and I am truly sorry that he will not agree to councilling and so forth.. it can sure make a difference. Take strong and take it one minute at a time..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

Dakota, I totally understand as I went through the same thing over thirty years ago. Virtual }}}HUGS{{{ to you.

ReplyQuote
(@dakota)
Estimable Member

Thanks all! I do have lots of support ...friends, family, neighbors. At least I’m able to stay on the farm, pay him out. Even as a single women, I’m not interested in moving to the city. I’m only 50-ish...life will go on. Just not as I thought...life!
Take care all

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network