May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Old Oil Tanks

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Plain Jane
(@plain-jane)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey, just got my 900L steel heating oil tank replaced with a fiberglass one. The steel tank is 20 years old but no rust. It didn't pass the inspection only because of it's age. I kept the tank and all the fittings. I have a feeling I can do something with it but not sure what. I already have a bbq so i don't want to make one out of the tank. Any ideas? Thanks

Ya know.. 'cause girls need paracord too!

peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Is it the shape of the tank in the 3rd picture top row https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=H8i1VJa3OqqC8QfkwIDQDA&gws_rd=ssl#q=picture+of+900+litre+oil+tank

The oval shaped one. If its that shape I have one like that, that I am turning into a raised garden. You could build a wood frame to hold it 4 feet off the ground for a raised bed garden, I likely will weld legs onto mine to raise it up. fill it with water then take a grinder with a zip disk and cut as large of opening as you can on the top flat size...roughly a 4x5 feet size

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

I have wondered about their viability for gas storage. Does anyone know?

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@djrhibra)

Iv had these for 20 years or so. The top one is almost 90 years old.Some of these are sets.

прикольные картинки, бесплатно 😉

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network