May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cannabis

27 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Now that cannabis legalization is getting closer, does anyone plan to add it to their medical toolkit? Hopefully we get more updated studies on it possible uses/efficacy.. On a personal note I have seen cannabis derivative used to good effect on a family member for seizure control. This was doctor prescribed. I also have a friend who uses it instead of doctor prescribed opiates.

(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

To be honest, this is something that has been talked about with me and hubby.. if totally legal to own and have X amount of plants.. are we going to grow them to keep them in the medical garden?

We don't have a answer on this one yet.. but I would take a guess at yes. I mean I grow Tobacco and none of us smoke, I use it to make a mean bug killer and because I think its one of those could be useful in a just in case.. I also grow hops for the same reason.. hubby is non-drinker and I don't do beer.. ever but I grow hops which I use in other ways in case we needed them down the line..

I can see this one falling into that type of thinking.. maybe.. still thinking on it.

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@gallowshumour)
Trusted Member

I grow Tobacco and none of us smoke, I use it to make a mean bug killer and because I think its one of those could be useful in a just in case.

I have an old copy of the US Special Forces Medical Handbook. According to the handbook, tobacco is good for intestinal worms, too. Eating 1 to 1.5 cigarettes worth puts enough nicotine into your intestines to kill the parasites, and they get flushed out naturally. Repeat every 48 hours until they're all gone.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If anyone does grow it, they best make sure no one knows and make double certain it’s within legal quantity.

ReplyQuote
(@thatnovascotian)

Here in Nova Scotia, starting July 1st we are able to buy it at certain NSLC's (Liquor Stores), and we will be allowed to grow 4 plants per household. It will be something I'll definitely be stocking up on and learning how to best keep it supplied so I can stock up and not worry about it expiring.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

If its legal, maybe. I would have to have a need for it. I know one guy who uses it due to kemo, and it gives him a appitite, and helps with pain. I have no problem with it for medical use. Just another tool in the tool box.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I hadn't actually thought about the legalization in those terms.
Here in Quebec, you will be able to smoke pot with the same restrictions as cigarettes...that's been my main concern...until now.
I'll have to look deeper into the medical uses, and if it looks like something that would be handy to have, I would grow and store what I legally can.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

I grow Tobacco and none of us smoke, I use it to make a mean bug killer and because I think its one of those could be useful in a just in case.

I have an old copy of the US Special Forces Medical Handbook. According to the handbook, tobacco is good for intestinal worms, too. Eating 1 to 1.5 cigarettes worth puts enough nicotine into your intestines to kill the parasites, and they get flushed out naturally. Repeat every 48 hours until they're all gone.

It will also work with care and knowledge to treat pink eye and ulcers on the farm critters (back before you had other treatments.. of course they keep removing many of those treatments from the feed store and making them vet only, so more small famers will be turning back to older ways) But for a natural not quite as hard on your system for de-worming, you can make a nice drench of nettle roots.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

That the best way to say it.. thanks peppercorn.. another tool in the toolbox.. yup.. yup

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Update:
looks like it will be out of the question for me as Quebec will NOT be allowing people to grow it for personal use.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Interesting, so its going to be different depending on what the province does.. I had better to check to see what the new law will be in Ontario.. thanks for the heads up.. I would assume everyone will need to check their own regs to see..

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

My grand father was mustard gassed during the 1st WW. Concequently, he had asphma, bad. He would put a little of this powdered stuff in an incense burner and inhale the smoke. It relaxed grandpa enough that he could breathe. Fast forward a dozen years. Grandpa has passed, and the family is sitting on the beach of a busy lake. My mom sniffs the air and says "What is that scent, it is just like what Dad put in his incense burner". My cousin replied, " that's smoke dope Auntie." Yup, the stuff works. I'll consider it in my 1st ade kit!

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

While I do believe that there are some "wild" things said right now on the net on everything this plant can or can not do.. there is some pretty solid medical uses.. I like others above had a dear friend of my mothers that in later stages of cancer treatments was given medical grade oils to help with his pain.. and after treatments to help him be able to eat.

One of the things worth noting, at least to me, is that like most plants.. its hard to know in Detail what the different levels are at.. I know when I am looking at just basic garden herbs that I grow, harvest, dry and use.. so many different factors can and do effect the end result. I expect that this will very much be the same.

There are always going to be those that are going to choose the medical grade, those that will prefer to buy from the stores to get proven dose and maybe different ratings at some point. I know from my reading that there is a strain that does not give the high but does still work for the pain in your body. and then there will be those that choose home grown.. and I expect like wine.. there are those that make good wine.. and there are those.. not so much..

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

there's a grow op opening soon south of Ottawa and apparently they are focused on growing plants for women? they didnt give much detail but there must be some tweak involved ?!?

guessing some prepper meet ups will be a little different LOL

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Welcome to Canada, one country, 13 little kingdoms. Disappointing in this day and age that we sometimes have more trade freedom with other countries then with some provinces.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network