May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

I don't know what happened

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@martha)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I just don't know what happened. All winter I researched and dreamed of incorporating more insects in my diet. I eagerly awaited the arrival of the spring and foraging for all kinds of bugs and grubs and hoppers. But now, with each encounter I... I ... just can't seem to get my appetite up for the challenge. There's been a lot of hoppers around and how dearly I wanted to try them... but now... not so much. Anyone up for a hopper-eating challenge? I think this would be a valuable experiment to have "under our belts", if you'll pardon the pun. Winter will come and it will soon be a missed opportunity.

(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

I don't eat bugs...I eat plants

ReplyQuote
(@cares)
Reputable Member

I ate haggis recently and that is enough for me 😀

ReplyQuote
(@martha)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

what's haggis? Sounds worse than hoppers

ReplyQuote
(@cares)
Reputable Member

Haggis is standard fair in Scotland and is made of meat and only God knows what else...it is very peppery and is available bloody well everywhere over there. First night in Scotland I had a haggis pizza 😆

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

its ground organ meats, mixed with oat and spices and its tradionally cooked in the main sheeps stomack pouch, some still add blood to the mix as well..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
LongBranchEtobicoke
(@longbranchetobicoke)
Eminent Member

Try breeding your own mealworms, it's very easy and you might find it a lot more palatable 🙂 http://www.wikihow.com/Raise-and-Breed-Mealworms

ReplyQuote
LongBranchEtobicoke
(@longbranchetobicoke)
Eminent Member

I don't eat bugs...I eat plants

I'm also a plant eater

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network