April 29, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Gardening 2018-whats with the weather???

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I would be interested in hearing from others who have rain gauges up what their rain fall was like in Alberta. Actually I suspect not many people have rain gauges.

Only tracking as far back as May, but my electronic rain gauge says 3.84" so far. There's been a bit of mist lately,

3.8 inches? thats bad, I spill that much mixing drinks.

Never heard of a electronic rain gauge. I will have to google it.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

The wonderful thing our group achieved this year is; we could finally purchase a deep simple hand pump. What a wonderful pump!!! If you have a shallow well it will cost significantly less. Unfortunately our well is 300ft deep-so we had to save a bit 😕 . It was a huge concern for a while for me that we be able to have hand pumped water on site. Big relief!!! I will include a photo of it soon.

Yes please , pictures and model type! my well is 280? feet down I would like a 120 volt electric well pump, as I dont want to switch to a 240 volt split phase inverter. A hand pump would be a option I would consider if I cant find a 120 volt one I like.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

I would be interested in hearing from others who have rain gauges up what their rain fall was like in Alberta. Actually I suspect not many people have rain gauges.

Only tracking as far back as May, but my electronic rain gauge says 3.84" so far. There's been a bit of mist lately,

3.8 inches? thats bad, I spill that much mixing drinks.

Never heard of a electronic rain gauge. I will have to google it.

It’s a home weather station: wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, pressure and rainfall. Then sent to a display I keep in the house.

ReplyQuote
(@dakota)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

peppercorn the model is the SIMPLE PUMP. Picked it up from a fella east of Reddeer.
Picts will have to wait but I will put one on here.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network