May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Conspiracy Theories et al...

103 Posts
38 Users
0 Reactions
12.9 K Views
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

What is "anti government agenda" ?

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Sorry, but here is the quote...
"You must be God damn Canadian "
Not swearing by who's standard?
Look folks, the decision has been made.
Either get over it or move on.
Locked down.

ReplyQuote
(@omegamanhorhay)

quite obvious that the site admin can and do what he wants and this isn't a democracy but i have to waste my breathe and say give them a place to congregate and those who are offended can choose not to go there. truth is some preppers are consipiracy theorists and have political views and vice versa. i think it childish to say you don't want to play my way hit the highway...but then i don't know your age either.
boot me for my opinion, don't really care that much.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

quite obvious that the site admin can and do what he wants and this isn't a democracy but i have to waste my breathe and say give them a place to congregate and those who are offended can choose not to go there. truth is some preppers are consipiracy theorists and have political views and vice versa. i think it childish to say you don't want to play my way hit the highway...but then i don't know your age either.

I do take member opinions into account when decisions have to be made. From time to time, a really touch subject like this one comes up and I get together with the mods for hours at a time, exchanging dozens of emails, and most often, come up with a compromise that will hopefully satisfy everyone's wants. However, in the end it is I that is responsible for the direction and reputation of the forum, so no, it is not a democracy. If you joined a forum about the NHL, would you expect them to allow topics about the minor leagues, because you want it? The admins have the right and responsibility to set out the parameters of what a forum is all about.
That being said, I have, on this very specific topic spent literally hours coming up with a solution to this issue that I think would make everyone happy.
It will take many more days to finalize the details, and plenty more time to set up the software.
But then I see another comment like this by someone who has just arrived and does not have a complete grasp of the issue and wonder why I bother.
Maybe it would be better to give it all up and just let this place close down.
BTW...just check my bio and you would see my age.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

You are quite correct when you say that this isn't a democracy. You are also correct when you say some preppers are conspiracy theorists and have political views. Sometimes though, the WAY you say something can be MUCH more important and impressive than WHAT you say. There is history on this forum about a number of topics and actions that have been taken. It is a history that you unfortunately know nothing about. Things are in flux and are being dealt with in a mature and respectful manner by all concerned. In any group or situation it is customary for new members to sit back and get a feel for things... and to also pay their dues to earn a place at the table. To come out and present yourself as antagonistic and confrontational will not gain you any points or friends. Perhaps from your last statement you aren't looking for any and that will be as it is. We are a family here and even though we fight occasionally and disagree... we will still support one another. I hope you take my words in the spirit they are given. A sincere welcome if you wish to join us... if you choose not to I wish you best of success.

JAB

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The last two responses by Denob and JAB;
both excellent in expanding the thought process of the collective thoughts and concerns of the members who have been here for a while. I am not talking about members here for years, talking about here for a month or more. There are the people who come in participate and by the collective participation help to steer the direction that any group or entity takes. Positive people positive thoughts, positive participations.

I propose a suggestion.
Make most of the forum closed, you must join to read most of the forum, keep some portions like the Start - Member Introductions - some other Topic sections open to view by the walkers. Like department stores, the window shopping (modern days, tv ads and websites) are there to draw people of like mind and people searching for information to the site. Then they will be drawn in to join up, browse learn, share and participate.

Thus we have all seen some people come in join and become great members here, others join, read and watch but do not post very much at all. We all learn from every post and thought, we might not use that knowledge or even agree with them, though in 99% of the time we are thankful that they have taken the time to post their thoughts and opinions, post their knowledge or the query which causes a flurry of thought and intrigue.

Unfortunetly the setup now with anyone being able to read everything, is that any may come watch for a long time, and only when they have something negative to say do they join. By modifying the setup, to allow window shopping in some sections, joining to read the other sections we will get people whom are committed to participation, the others will continue down the sidewalk of life and exploration, which is not a bad thing either. Sometimes they return, sometimes they do not, either way the Forum moves onwards in a positive and meaningful direction and group consensus. Thus is the Forum from the beginning, group consensus not driven by the few, but by the many.
.02c

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Denob,

I am glad you have unlocked this thread again and that progress is being made to find a lasting solution. Thank you.

I look forward to seeing this solution in action. 🙂

Mountainman.

PS- OMHorhay, patience. Good things will return. I look forward to your participation on Forum in the near future.

ReplyQuote
(@shecky)

Just returned from re education program . I would like to apologise to all I offended . God , its me Shecky . Im sorry if I offended you . I know Im not supposed to use your name in vain .
As for all you very sensitive Canadians out there . I am so sorry if I offended you guys . I do live in Canada to , but Im not a true Canadian . I throw my snowballs overhand . Im working on my problems now with my doctor . He feels that I probably had ,too healthy a relationship with my parents when I was younger .
An ant ran across my counter top in my kitchen today . Instead of trying to squash it , I called my lawyer . Going to do this the proper way .
Thanks for having me back . 😉

ReplyQuote
(@sanfran)

Thank you for doing that. Such topics have kept me
From participating on this forum. Prepping is necessary.
I just feel the time is right and would like to find info
On this and not the latest theory.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Thank you for doing that. Such topics have kept me
From participating on this forum. Prepping is necessary.
I just feel the time is right and would like to find info
On this and not the latest theory.

Then skip those topics and move to the ones you like. Do you avoid eating at a restaraunt because you dont like everything on the menu? Most pick our favorite foods and leave the ones we dont like. Same goes with a forum.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just a reminder to both sides of this discussion...
Being a member of this forum means being associated with all it's content.
There are some who would rather not associate themselves with this type of thing and others that don't care.
Arguments on either side are valid.
We have lost members due to the conspiracy theories here, and have scared away new members because of them too.
We have also seen regular members reduce participation because of restricting posts.
It works both ways...
When we are losing or scaring away members because of topics, the "don't read it if you don't want to" approach doesn't work.
Not to mention that responses like that will tend to scare away the new members.
I have been doing a lot of research into why new members don't participate often, and bullying/poor attitude from a limited amount of members is topping the list.
Gravlore...you have mentioned your opinion already...let someone else present their opinion without a snide remark for once.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The last two responses by Denob and JAB;
both excellent in expanding the thought process of the collective thoughts and concerns of the members who have been here for a while. I am not talking about members here for years, talking about here for a month or more. There are the people who come in participate and by the collective participation help to steer the direction that any group or entity takes. Positive people positive thoughts, positive participations.

I propose a suggestion.
Make most of the forum closed, you must join to read most of the forum, keep some portions like the Start - Member Introductions - some other Topic sections open to view by the walkers. Like department stores, the window shopping (modern days, tv ads and websites) are there to draw people of like mind and people searching for information to the site. Then they will be drawn in to join up, browse learn, share and participate.

Thus we have all seen some people come in join and become great members here, others join, read and watch but do not post very much at all. We all learn from every post and thought, we might not use that knowledge or even agree with them, though in 99% of the time we are thankful that they have taken the time to post their thoughts and opinions, post their knowledge or the query which causes a flurry of thought and intrigue.

Unfortunetly the setup now with anyone being able to read everything, is that any may come watch for a long time, and only when they have something negative to say do they join. By modifying the setup, to allow window shopping in some sections, joining to read the other sections we will get people whom are committed to participation, the others will continue down the sidewalk of life and exploration, which is not a bad thing either. Sometimes they return, sometimes they do not, either way the Forum moves onwards in a positive and meaningful direction and group consensus. Thus is the Forum from the beginning, group consensus not driven by the few, but by the many.
.02c

Wilde_E...a very well thought out response.
It is something that will be considered.
Keep the solution suggestions coming folks!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

There are a few contentious topics that will spark lively debate but unlikely any consensus. These would be religion, politics and conspiracy theories. To me they all belong together in the same category. That way if reading them upsets you then choose the adult and stay out of the thread. If you choose to read them you are free to respond in any way that you see fit as long as you ensure sure that any statements you make are respectful of the poster.

ReplyQuote
(@twenty3rdpsalm)
Trusted Member

Personaly (and I don't mean to inflame....) But ya'll worse than Pariment on this topic already - Can't we just get back to preparing for TEOTWAWKI, or Lifes general nocks & such???

Don't worry - Be happy 😛

Twenty3rdPsalm

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Gravlore...you have mentioned your opinion already...let someone else present their opinion without a snide remark for once.

Nothing snide about my remark. It is an analogy used trying to put some logic into a comment since if a person does in fact enter a restaraunt where not everything on the menu is to their liking it would indeed be hypocritical. I was not .....

snide (snd)
adj. snid·er, snid·est
Derogatory in a malicious, superior way.

Are we at a 1 post maximum per person without repitition? If so then many people are guilty.

Surely I can defend myself and I would expect the same from you if I made a back handed comment about you. Or was it a reaction you were looking for? I would PM this to you if you have the courtesy of doing the same for me.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network