May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New Member Introductions

758 Posts
454 Users
0 Reactions
113.6 K Views
(@prep_curious)

hi all 🙂 im new to the prep lifestyle but its running away with me and I do enjoy being prepared. Id love to someday be self reliant and able to live without dependency on the system for everything we need to live
Im in Edmonton,, say hello !!

ReplyQuote
(@opprepared)

Hello all. Recently moved from Central Ontario to the NWT. I am former military and have always enjoyed Camping, Hiking. In Ontario, being just north of Toronto my biggest fear was a combination of prolonged power outages and dirty bombs, and my solution has always revolved around bugging-in at the family cottage and/or bugging out northward. Now I'm in the arctic, I'm forced to rethink my planning.

I'm no longer concerned about dirty bomb threats, since there is very little here to attack, but very concerned with prolonged power outages, utilidor system breakdowns, etc. I have spent my life 'prepping', training in many various martial arts, spending four years in the Canadian Forces and always focusing around having a decent camping set-up that could dual-purpose as a bug-out kit.
Since I a lot of my stuff is in storage in Ontario I'm rebuilding my capability here, focusing around cold weather survival and food stores.

I'm hoping to meet other like-minded people, especially from the various communities in the Beaufort Delta.

ReplyQuote
(@pass_creek_prepper)

Hi All,
new to the site, and to prepping! I've always subscribed to the 'be prepared' motto, in that I've always liked to have a little more of everything on hand than I really need, but I think its time to start getting a little more organized...

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
(@woodbooger)
Trusted Member

greetings all, new guy from Welland ontario. I'm looking forward to learning lots

ReplyQuote
(@chm7231)

Hi everyone,
Im new to the form but I've been prepping for several years now. I'm finally to the point where I feel it necessary to join up with other preppers. I'm from around the Cold Lake, Bonnyville area. If you're interested in meeting please let me know.

Stealth 11

ReplyQuote
(@urbansoldier)

It is nice to see that there a people out there that see the sense of urgency to prep. Being fairly new to the prepping community, I find the hardest thing is to convince everyone that I'm not crazy. My wife is finally understanding the reasoning behind my prepping. Even though her friends think it is silly to prepare for things such as natural disasters, social disorder, etc. I believe it is my duty as a husband and a father to make sure that I have taken all measures necessary to ensure their safety. I hope to share and also learn things from the members of this forum in my pursuit for preparedness. regards,

ReplyQuote
(@bettersafe)
Trusted Member

Aloha,
First off, I swear I'm not a robot!

Second, I'm just getting started with this whole prepping thing - the more I read, the more it seems that the whole system is a house of cards. It really does seem a prudent thing to get some extras tucked away just in case.

Anyways, hello all, and thanks in advance for all the help!

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Welcome to all the new members, hope you will enjoy getting to know everyone

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I would like to echo Farmgals welcome. Hope you all enjoy the forum and participate in discussions.

ReplyQuote
(@hazel)

Hey! I'm new to the prepping situation and I am very excited to be apart of this site! Nice to not be alone in the endevor! Not that you should be alone really:p Look forward to chatting with everyone!

-Hazel

ReplyQuote
 gba1
(@gba1)

Hello to everyone from a novice prepper in frozen MB.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Welcome Hazel and Gbal.

ReplyQuote
(@moraguy)
Eminent Member

A big hello to everyone! Just started getting into prepping! From Fredericton NB

ReplyQuote
(@slick)

Very happy to find this site, and looking forward to learning and sharing with other Nova Scotians.

ReplyQuote
(@billygoat)

Hello everyone.

Also on CGN with the same handle if anyone else from there is here.

Been doing this on my own for too long and need to make more friends who won't ridicule me for having my act together. Looking to meet other preppers in Vancouver to talk about important prepper topics like drinking one's own urine, best gun for bear defence, the shoulder thing that goes up, bulk tinfoil purchases and Alex Jones. 🙄

Looking forward to getting to know the crew here, learning as much as I can and connecting with like-minded people around Kerrisdale and the rest of Vancouver - so say hi.

D

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 51
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network