April 29, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

email flooding

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I don't know if this qualifies but I have started to send my local radio, TV and newspapers emails on what they should provide to the viewers when they are giving warnings about storms. This is part of what I just sent CHCH news, with the suggestion that maybe this type of thing should be included in the weather warnings. What pissed me off enough to send it was the guy said you need wiper fluid and a shovel, that's it 👿

Ideas for what you should have in your car
water
food
blanket
flash light
truckers toilet
small tools
spare tire with air
jack
tire iron
oil
coolant
windshield wiper fluid
jumper cables
a can of instant fix flat tire repair
first aid kit
wet naps
sharp pencil or pen
note pad
candle
matches
extra set of clothes and footwear
knife
sewing kit
a list of important phone numbers
coin for a pay phone
a roll of tp and a roll of paper towel
face cloth
towel
soap – please not that bar soap will melt in the heat and liquid soap may freeze in the cold

Seasonal Items
hat, gloves, scarf
ice scrapper
folding shovel
Magic Heat Stove
canteen cup
instant soup or instant hot drink

oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I got an answer back from the TV station

Thank you for contacting CHCH-TV. Viewer comments and questions are important to us.
Your e-mail will be reviewed and processed by Audience Relations at the next available opportunity during normal business hours.
Urgent news-related matters should be addressed to tips@chch.com.
CHCH thanks you for your ongoing viewership.

I realize that the goal of this thread is for a public service announcement for May but with all the weather issues I thought trying to get them to change slowly now might work.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Personally, I don't think I would have the time to get something put together for this year either as Emergency Preparedness Week is coming up fast.
Here is hoping that some of our members will have some ideas as to how to get it off the ground...contacting CHCH is a great start!

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

thanks for this, I will put it on my list of things to do and will report who I send it out to.. thanks for keeping us updated! A very worthy cause..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@ratdogmom)
Reputable Member

I've seen CHCH do segments on their morning show about what to have in your car for weather emergencies...but it's always just a once or twice a year deal.
I hope they take your list seriously...Hamilton and area have become the home to commuters, a bedroom community due to our more affordable housing. That driving to and from the job in crap weather...well you know, freak lake effect snow etc from Kingston through to Niagara can happen real fast.

A young man who lives in my son's low rent apartment building works in the film industry in Toronto, commutes every day because the rent on a tiny one bedroom apartment is 1/4 the price it is for the same square footage one bedroom in Toronto.

I'm the lady you're stuck behind in the grocery store with the over loaded cart filled with cases of tuna, peanut butter, huge bags of rice and the weary looking husband

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network