April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Canning- food storage

21 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This garbage can came in at 134897 calories total.

List of whats inside is on the top.

this is the 75 L garbage can that's sold at CT. These are kind of small garbage cans, coming up to just over my knee in height.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It has now been about a year since I started to increase my food storage. It was about this time last year that I decided 3 years storage was a more reasonable level to maintain. Now I have started moving my new stores put away this year, that are in 5 gallon pails and steel garbage cans into a cool absolutely dark storage area. I hadnt been in here in close to 30 years and I am happy to say absolutely no evidence that any mouse has either.

Since I decided to increase my storage we now have had this covid 19, and by every bit of evidence I can find climate predictions are accelerating to the bad side faster than I had thought was coming. I now believe 5 years storage is a more reasonable target. I will start plugging away over the next year, year and a half to build up to this new target.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Thanks for the overview..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Finished moving everything I bought and packaged last year to its long term storage location.

likely never need it, or so I hope. It will be found long after I am gone by some home owner of the future who will get a surprise. Actually who ever gets this house in the future will be getting many surprises (all good).

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Finished moving everything I bought and packaged last year to its long term storage location.

storage1.jpg

likely never need it, or so I hope. It will be found long after I am gone by some home owner of the future who will get a surprise. Actually who ever gets this house in the future will be getting many surprises (all good).

With your predisposition for fiery endings, the metal cans are probably a good idea! 😉

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I agree with that.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network