May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Too many...

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/apr/26/earth-population-consumption-disasters?newsfeed=true

"I think that I am very reasonable therefore ......." ICRCC

susannah755
(@susannah755)
Noble Member

The population in "underdeveloped" countries have issues other than overpopulation. No access to clean drinking water and lack of nourishing food leads to extremely high infant mortality rates. The spread of human diseases including AIDS is taking it's toll, as are the natural disasters happening worldwide, plus the human toll taken out in wars which rage for years. All developed countries need to cut back on their consumption, and funds need to be made available to provide people in poorer countries with the basic necessities of life - there is no question about that. Contraception being made available is a good start but much more needs to be done. A look at the history books (of any country) will show that plagues, wars, & natural disasters have always taken a heavy toll on human life. Good find Carbon!

Russell Coight....outback legend

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Catch 22
They say that the population growth around the world is slowing down, Good Right. Well here's the catch, right now in North America there are 3 people working for every 1 person retired or out of work. They (TPTB) say that in the near future it will be 2 to 1 if population doesn't resume at normal rate. We already over populate the world like a locus plague, Soon to eat ourselves out of existence. I KNOW, let's do the Logan’s run scenario, where every one over 35 runs into a laser vaporizer. 😮 😯 Where’s a super plague when we need one? Ride 4 horsemen Ride. 😈

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The problem as I see it in Western Society is that we have gotten to a culture of individuality. What I mean by that is we have lost the ideal and function of family. Each is now expected to exist as an individual until death. In generations before it was common for many generations to occupy the same home and function and have roles within the household each contributing as they are able. Now the elderly live in hovels and are seen as a burden on society while the younger ones work to live and support the consumer society. All the while they pay strangers to look after their children. Just a thought....

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Exactly right.

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@eltoro)

Anyone read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn?

ReplyQuote
(@javert)
Eminent Member

The Royal Society and other Global elitists love to prop up this overpopulation "problem" as an excuse to push their eugenics agenda. If you listen to independent media you can catch them talking about lowering the populations by controlling the food supply and sterilizing us using vaccines. There are published UN documents with all sorts of sick population control agendas that I won't go into that are being played out on the global population including North America. Anyone ever heard of Agenda 21? These people are playing God and using a twisted spin on media to pacify us while they make our children sterile. I take everything they say with a very large grain of salt.

As a God fearing man I believe it is in his hands, all life is a blessing and with a sensible use of our resources nobody would ever go wanting.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

JAB that is an undeniable truth.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Javert, at this point in time, with current technologies and with current , yet diverse, theologies there are JUST TOO MANY OF US. It is a fact that few, regardless of race, creed, colour are prepared to accept. Many blame God or as a backup, profess that it is in "God's hands". Truly we , as the human race, have to take responsibility at some point.

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

You're right ICRCC. We reached the maximum for sustainability about a century ago. I know there are those out there who would argue that point. However, to make a point. When I was younger I could sprint at 15 mph. The distance I could sprint was finite, I couldn't sustain that speed for ten miles. Right now we're in a sprint fueled by a finite resource, oil. When that finite resource runs out, our sprint will end. At that time the balance between what the world can sustain and the population will once again reach equilibrium. Too many is just one of those unfortunate truths. The Agenda 21 proponents and the eugenicists are just trying to push it sooner for their own purposes. They know that if they were to let it happen in it's own time, they'll be deprived of the oil and their life of luxury will decline and that's just not acceptable.

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network