May 04, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Looking to meet like minded individuals...

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
23.1 K Views
(@bigfoote)

Greetings.
I'm in Smith, preparing as most NWT'ers are. I do have a place to go out of town, and spend enough time there that I could stay a year or so no problem. I'm just out of town, already off grid so prepping comes natural here. With forest fires and such we get cut off from supplies once in a while already but I'm amazed some people couldn't make the week without trouble.

ReplyQuote
(@100acrewood)

Hello,

I see this thread has sort of faded away.

I currently live in Yellowknife and am prepping some basics - water, food, fuel, wood/woodstove, tools. It seems that the more I work toward being self-reliant, the more work there is left to do. It is strange that it takes so much effort to be able to accomplish exactly what the majority of people 150 years ago called "daily life."

Is anybody out there?

ReplyQuote
(@term0shad)
Estimable Member

Reason they had big families. Some lived close to help each other out. No way 1 person can do. Shit we are like 80% off grid. Still work the other 20% there 2 of us and still to much work. Hopefully will get a few others to join group in the new yr. Not just summer weekend people.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network