May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Are You in Nova Scotia???

40 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
15.2 K Views
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Bump

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@thatnovascotian)

Hey all. Sorry for the absence. I have a terrible habit of not checking here as often as I should. Its awesome seeing more local folks in the Passage and surrounding area!
What I think we should do, if anyone is interested, there is a Chat App called Kik. I am on Kik and I have found Prepper groups and lots of useful groups as well, we could start a Nova Scotia Prepper chat room to make it easier to keep in touch with people. Or we could also make a Chat Room on Discord.
I would love to keep in touch with local preppers. I have a horrible habit of not checking emails lol.

ReplyQuote
colonelchimp
(@colonelchimp)

Hi there, i am in NS, i am also guilty of not checking here as often as i should, I'm do near digby, in the annapolis valley, so anyone around here let me know

ReplyQuote
Jill of all trades
(@jill-of-all-trades)

Hey, first time posting. I'm just getting started with prepping. I have many different skills under my belt and currently studying edible local plants. I have a "bug in" plan but currently working on a bug out bag and escape route if things go south. I'm curious to hear what peoples plans are for road routes etc. I'm based out of Spryfield in Halifax. I have been looking into fresh water ways and rivers as alternative means of transportation.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Hello Jill-of-all-trades and welcome to CPN!

I hope you'll find the forum interesting and take advantage of the networking opportunities! I'm looking forward to reading your posts especially about foraging in nature.

Best,

HP

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, first time posting. I'm just getting started with prepping. I have many different skills under my belt and currently studying edible local plants. I have a "bug in" plan but currently working on a bug out bag and escape route if things go south. I'm curious to hear what peoples plans are for road routes etc. I'm based out of Spryfield in Halifax. I have been looking into fresh water ways and rivers as alternative means of transportation.

Hi Jill, Welcome to the Forum. I'm also interested in edible plants as well and have found over 70 available in Nova Scotia. I don't have any knowledge about freshwater ways, but am interested in what you may share on this subject. I live in Cow Bay and we have a number of Preppers in and around Halifax.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@wabsey11)
Eminent Member

Hello Jill, I'm out the in Spryfield area as well.
As for getting out of the Spryfield area as you know there are a few routes but they would back up quickly. My favourite is the old farm road if the two main ways are parking lots. A dirt bike would be best, but a bicycle would work. It takes about an hour without supplies, and a trailer on the bike would be difficult but possible. I know if it was a worst case scenario where I'd go but it's a two and a half hour drive on the main highways, but there are many side roads should the need arise. Tough I have a lot of family who would need help so leaving isn't an option for us.
Welcome to the form and I look forward to picking your brain about wild edibles.
Josh.

Don't Agonize, Organize.

ReplyQuote
Jill of all trades
(@jill-of-all-trades)

It's good to know that there are others around who prepare themselves in case of disaster.

@Wayne is it possible to post pictures here in the replies? I would love to share some of my knowledge with you and vice versa. There are some local edible plants that can also be used medicinally as well which is extremely useful information to have.

@wabsey11 Yes a dirty bike is a wonderful and versatile vehicle when road ways are blocked etc (although being rendered unless in an event of an EMP or Solar flare if not properly protected). I actually just finished completing the motor cycle course and got my licence, Woot woot! Old farm road is a good option although it is risky because you can get lost if not careful. Further down the road there is also another trail called "scar road" which is on the same stretch of road. I was actually thinking about one of these routes as well if there was no other option. It would be rough but eventually take you out to the prospect rd. I have been doing a little research and found a large lake called Panuke Lake just north west of Queens land beach. This lake almost stretches across the whole province and comes out to where the gypsum mines are before windsor. This would bring you close to a river that takes you out to Minas Basic. From there you can boat to Maine or wherever you may need to evacuate to.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Hi Jill, as long as the photos are below 1 mg in size, then yes you can share them on the board and in whatever thread you want to do so πŸ™‚ I am also a big forager and have done so in all the places I have lived, each offering its own challenges to learn πŸ™‚

Once you have three posts on the board you will also have full access to the Private Message pin to contact other board members directly..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
Jill of all trades
(@jill-of-all-trades)

Hi Jill, as long as the photos are below 1 mg in size, then yes you can share them on the board and in whatever thread you want to do so πŸ™‚ I am also a big forager and have done so in all the places I have lived, each offering its own challenges to learn πŸ™‚

Once you have three posts on the board you will also have full access to the Private Message pin to contact other board members directly..

Thank you very much for the great info! πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network